PDA

View Full Version : i need some ideas for a van saar gang

ArtificerArmour
09-11-2005, 15:18
hey all,

i'm thinking of starting a necromunda van saar gang, but i'm stuck. i don't know what theme to give it, or what colour scheme!

the two i have seen are the bright yellow spectres (eugh) and the fantastic hive NET (black and light blue) from the white dwarf articles.

so, help me out by telling us what your van saar are like - colour schemes, conversions, whatever you like!

personally i'm thinking a light purple suit with maybe yellow wires, but i'm still at uncertain. help!

Keravin
09-11-2005, 15:26
Sil Suit from Dune.

Grey and black looks good. Makes more sense for a gang than announcing your presence.

ArtificerArmour
09-11-2005, 15:27
i was thinking perhaps codex grey and purple wires. i may also use a few head swaps with fantasy empire heads, to add to the beardyness of the van saar :D

The Judge
11-11-2005, 12:22
Black with red lining - like the Archaon model, only highlighted on the edges, with a light grey undersuit.

The Still Suits from Dune make for a kickass gang look...if you're into Dune.

Crube
11-11-2005, 13:01
I did mine all black - ie only highlight on the extreme edges of the suits.

Wires were red and green (quite dark, but tey all had grey hair (shadow > SW > SW + White)

Krieger
15-11-2005, 16:56
Mine are painted in dark red tones, with layers of scab red, gore red, blood red and red ink. Weapons are painted black, with wires in blue and yellow to make them stand out.

Looks really good, waaaaay better than the bright green used by GW.

As for the empire heads, I used some to convert 40K imperial assassins into van saar gangers, the result is fine, but in this case you absolutely need to paint them, otherwise the "big" plastic heads look odd on the skinny van saar bodies :p

Yorkiebar
19-11-2005, 15:06
Very dark colours work well for Van Saar, with bright highlights for a slightly metallic look.

EVIL INC
19-11-2005, 15:18
Read the Necromunda novel Salvation. That can give you some good ideas for them. Have you already bought the models? If not, you can always do some cool conversions from other ranges. Imagine using skaven models, they often use cloaks and it wouldnt be too hard to imagine ratty eyes being sensitive to light and add on sunglasses.:evilgrin:

Adlan
19-11-2005, 16:28
Thats Delaque.

Van Sar are the envirosuited inventors.

starlight
19-11-2005, 16:44
I've always wondered why (aside from the usual conflict with camo and LCF*) the Van Saars don't make more use of at least *some* kind of Urban Cam. They (of all gangs, except maybe Enforcers) sould have the sense to utilise some form of deceptive attire.

I'm in favour (if I ever do Van Saars) of a subdued selection of colours.

*Look Cool Factor

EVIL INC
19-11-2005, 17:22
Whoops, sorry bout that. Got the names confused.

starlight
19-11-2005, 17:31
Getting old?:eyebrows:

:p