PDA

View Full Version : About Bloodletters and bearers

kaintxu
09-09-2008, 18:37
Well when i think of a list i allways think of bearers as a rock unit.

out of my 3 core choices 2 are allways horrors so there is one to go.

Can bloodletters do the main core unit work as a strong and rock unit?

Valaraukar
09-09-2008, 19:02
What do you mean by 'rock' unit? If you mean like an anvil unit as in one that can soak up alot of damage then the simple answer is no PlagueBearers are a much better bet. Bloodletters will do more damage but die in droves in my experience if in a fight on their own against a large unit from static CR or if not striking first for whatever reason. The addition of a herald makes them alot more damaging but again if hit on the flank or striking last from being charged etc. they still die horribly.

Shmee
10-09-2008, 16:05
Bloodletters T3 and 5+ save isnt gonna be enuf to be a damage soaker even with a herald. However a decent sized plaguebearer unit with a herald with gifts like noxious vapour can soak up an amazing amount of damage.
If you give the unit the standard of seeping decay and put your herald on a palanquin you could even kill a few models before they can even strike and win the combat, given that your not fighting against heavy cavalry with a 1+ or 2+ armour save.

daemonplayer
10-09-2008, 16:26
Daemon Heralds on Chariots? Where?

WH has not released any heralds from the new codex yet so where are we talking from? I would love to get some ranged weopons for my Chaos Daemon army in the way of harolds on chariots and the skulltaker on a chariot, seekers would be great too but they are not available either.

carm

Gokamok
10-09-2008, 17:40
Daemon Heralds on Chariots? Where?

WH has not released any heralds from the new codex yet so where are we talking from? I would love to get some ranged weopons for my Chaos Daemon army in the way of harolds on chariots and the skulltaker on a chariot, seekers would be great too but they are not available either.

carm

Wrong thread?;)