PDA

View Full Version : Can SM take bikes as troop choice?

HsojVvad
09-09-2008, 22:15
Not shure where to ask, this is not a rumour so I thought I would ask here. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

I am asking because I am in doubt now. I went to my GW store, to see the new SM codex. They said they can't show it yet, so no luck for me to look at it. I was asking about DA and how SM can be like them and he said no. I said can't they take bikes as Troops like DA and he said no, he dosn't think so. Mind you he said he didn't get to look at the codex either.

I said a special charter allows this, and he said the special character give benifits, but he is shure nobody can make SM bikes as Troops.

Can somone who has seen the new SM codex confirm or deny this please?

grickherder
09-09-2008, 22:22
In the new codex, if you take the right HQ, you can take bike squads with atleast 5 bikes as troop choices.

Spacker
09-09-2008, 22:22
Kor'Sarro Khan on Moondraken does indeed let you take Bike Squads of at least 5 models as Troops in the new SM codex. This rule is in the army list section for this character in a box titled "Mounted Assault".

Grimtuff
09-09-2008, 22:24
Kor'Sarro Khan does indeed let you take Bike Squads of at least 5 models as Troops in the new SM codex.

Not quite, it's the bog-standard SM Captain choice that lets you do that. ;)

Spacker
09-09-2008, 22:32
Not quite, it's the bog-standard SM Captain choice that lets you do that. ;)

Actually, we're both right - so that's 2 HQ choices that allow it :)

And to the OP, my local GW store has the SM codex sat on the painting table and when I went in yesterday and mentioned it the first the manager said was "feel free to take a seat and read it if you want" :)

HsojVvad
09-09-2008, 22:39
Actually, we're both right - so that's 2 HQ choices that allow it :)

And to the OP, my local GW store has the SM codex sat on the painting table and when I went in yesterday and mentioned it the first the manager said was "feel free to take a seat and read it if you want" :)

Lucky you. I was told to come back next week. I guess I will have to wait till then.

Thanks guys for the quick repsonse. Thanks.

Culven
09-09-2008, 22:48
What is the point of a store having a preview codex if not for people to pre-view the codex? Even worse is the fact that the employee hadn't bothered to read through it.

HsojVvad, you have my sympathy for having to deal with a twit like you seem to have at your local store. As the others have already stated, yes, a SM army can have Bikes as Troops choices.

Grimtuff
09-09-2008, 22:51

Ner ner! I've played 2 games with it already. :p

Calgar (standing in as Logan Grimnar) is tank hard! :evilgrin:

blackroyal
09-09-2008, 23:00
...and he said the special character give benefits, but he is sure nobody can make SM bikes as Troops.

I love redshirts.