PDA

View Full Version : 2250 High elves first try!

DDePino
10-09-2008, 00:55
Hey all. This is the first list I have ever made for High Elves, so any help would be greatly appreciated. *NOTE* I bought the models before the list because I liked the miniatures....Now want2 play the game so dont suggest any *New* miniatures because im out of funds....

HQ Crew:

Prince w/ Armor of caledor(2+ Armor Save), vembraces of defense (4+ Ward Save, Re-roll failed armor saves)
Mounted on Star Dragon

Mage 1
Lvl 2 Mage
Guardian Pheonix (5+ Ward save)
Starwood Staff (+1 Casting Rolls),

Mage 2
Lvl 2 Mage
Mounted, Barding
Jewel of Dusk (+1 Power Dice)
Talisman of Protection (6+ Ward save)

*NOTE* I am not really sure which ward save to give to who. If I give the 5+ one to M2, the points are protected, but he already HAS BARDING. But if I give it to M1, then he is protected further.

Core:

15 Spearmen, Musician , BSB
16 Archers , Musician, BSB, Hawkeye

Special:

15 Pheonix Guard, Musician, BSB
1 Keeper of the Flame

3x Lion Chariots of Chrace

9 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Musician, BSB, Bladelord, Banner of Sorcery

Please leave nice comments :-) Im new to this!

jigplums
10-09-2008, 01:13
i'd suggest swapping the banner of sorcery over to the phoenix guard as there the more surviveable unit of the 2 and so will keep your banner around for longer. Archers i keep as small as poss[10] and as cheap as possible. There not likely to win any combats so i would drop the std as in most cases you should be fleeing rather than facing cc with them.

with mages equipments i wouldn't worry too much about the ward saves as most stuff that will get to them Should be killing them even with the save.
Seerstaff is awesome, allowing you too pick you spells.
I usually take a second mage with silverwand and 2x dispell scroll. takes high magic fro a choice of 4 spells and nice defensive capabilities.
Also ring of fury is very good.

DDePino
10-09-2008, 01:30
i'd suggest swapping the banner of sorcery over to the phoenix guard as there the more surviveable unit of the 2 and so will keep your banner around for longer. Archers i keep as small as poss[10] and as cheap as possible. There not likely to win any combats so i would drop the std as in most cases you should be fleeing rather than facing cc with them.

with mages equipments i wouldn't worry too much about the ward saves as most stuff that will get to them Should be killing them even with the save.
Seerstaff is awesome, allowing you too pick you spells.
I usually take a second mage with silverwand and 2x dispell scroll. takes high magic fro a choice of 4 spells and nice defensive capabilities.
Also ring of fury is very good.

Thanks! Changes made!