PDA

View Full Version : Iron Hands HH book (about bloody time!)

Helsing
10-09-2008, 04:02
Well, as some of you may have noticed in my more recent thread, Black Library is "supposedly" working on a Ravenguard novel, "Nevermore" or somthing like that. Anyway i thought that they should make a novel that covers the drop site killings in depth, from the viewpoint of the Salamanders, Iron Hands, Ravenguard and all those other legions they could'nt find a suitable way to kill off. Anyway it's time for either a Salamanders of Iron Hands book, or a Space Wolf vs Thousands Sons or a Blood Angels novel for Baal's sake! Does anyway sense the feeling is mutual.

Helsing.

Malevon
10-09-2008, 04:19
I think they'll get around to all of them in time, as long as the series continues to be popular, which it is.

Ex-guest
10-09-2008, 05:16
Try 'FULGRIM' by Mr. Mcneil...

Vaz84
10-09-2008, 05:34
I have a feeling Fulgrim will be all the attention the Iron Hands gets, it details them in combat, the massacre and the death of their leader. Pretty much all we really need from them ;).

SW vs TS novels are in the works at this time according to rumors.

A blood angel book with Sang vs Bloodthirster could go really well.

Khaine's Messenger
10-09-2008, 07:11
As an Iron Hands fan, I was actually satisfied with the events from Fulgrim. However, if there's not even a throw-away line or foreshadowing in Mechanicum, I'll be a little disappointed. :chrome: ;)

Whitehorn
10-09-2008, 08:35
or a Space Wolf vs Thousands Sons

Dan Abnett has stated that there will be TWO such books, one from each perspective of Prospero. Fear not!

Drakon
10-09-2008, 08:54
yes and i can wait for these TWO books.

Heer
10-09-2008, 09:29
I hope that means he's writing them.

Frgt/10
10-09-2008, 09:47
having talked to people from the black library; they have all said that the heresy series will continue until they 'run out of ideas'.
basically any event in the heresy that is worth writing about will more than likely be covered at some point; including things like signus (Sang v thirster), Prospero and the like

pookie
10-09-2008, 10:32
there will be a sallies book, and for the IH, being pretty much wiped out in the drop site kind of stops any real storey from being wrote after this event.

although in saying that ive seen fluff that says the IH were responsible for inflicting massive damage to the fleeing traitor legions whilst the others recovered ( ie IF/BA/WS ) from the Terran siege.

Whitehorn
10-09-2008, 10:40
Eager to hear more about the Unification wars... Let's hope they have some 'ideas' there :)

Da Black Gobbo
10-09-2008, 10:57
Lucky you english speakers, in spain the next book released is fulgrim in a couple of days...i want them all right now!!!

Jedi152
10-09-2008, 11:15
Nevermore? Really?

Aranel
10-09-2008, 14:27
I've heard that Dan Abnett and Graham McNeil are splitting the events of Prospero 50:50. The way the former was talking he was going to be covering the Space Wolf side of things. James Swallow FOTE author is also wrting someting that has got abnett very jealous and should be released after the Prospero books.

Mechanicus
10-09-2008, 15:49
Nevermore? Really?Apparently. I haven't read anything about this beyond what was posted on Warseer with the source as the BL forums, where I can't find anything. It may be there, but search isn't showing it. Can the OP provide a link for this rumour?

Art Is Resistance
10-09-2008, 16:10
'Nevermore' - nice nod to Poe there (for those of you who don't get the reference, shame on you!).

Don't the IH have a story in the anthology coming out anyway?

The pestilent 1
10-09-2008, 18:22
'Nevermore' - nice nod to Poe there (for those of you who don't get the reference, shame on you!).

Don't the IH have a story in the anthology coming out anyway?

Not really a nod, given that Raven Guard fluff pins you down and spews Poe references all over you.

biggreengribbly
10-09-2008, 19:00
having talked to people from the black library; they have all said that the heresy series will continue until they 'run out of ideas'.
basically any event in the heresy that is worth writing about will more than likely be covered at some point; including things like signus (Sang v thirster), Prospero and the like

Including things they made up entirely like the Furious Abyss, which I can recall hearing no reference to prior to the Battle For The Abyss. Not that I mind the idea, I always thought it was a bit stupid just sending a portion of a Legion against the combined might for what is acknowledged at the largest Legion, under the command, and with the inspirational presence of their Primarch. element of surprise can only carry you so far in such a situation. The retcon of such an ace-up-their-sleeve seems to fit far better. To me at least :angel:

Nevermore? Really?

Seems a fairly obvious choice of title in case of lack of inspiration, but might perhaps refer to the actions undertaken by Corax to recover the trength of his Legion sufficiently to participate in the heresy proper, E.g 'weregeld' :evilgrin: (sorry, one of my two favourite scraps of fluff ever was the 'Saga of the Weregeld' boxin) It would make sense were it to be placed within the chronology of the heresy 'plotline' rather than a backtrack like Legion/DoA (which refer to Legions as yet unencountered in the 'main' events. They might be unwilling to perform such backtracks with already (however vaguely) established characters/Legions? Especially in light of the general unpopularity of said books.

ironcurtin117
10-09-2008, 21:11
Weregeld? Do you mean Were-kin? Weregeld is translated as "man-gold" a ransom paid for killing another family's kinsman outside of battle

biggreengribbly
10-09-2008, 21:37
Weregeld. It's the name the Space Wolves gave for the creatures created by Corax and the Raven Guard's research into increasing the rate of Marine 'production' which they subsequently herded into battle. They were essentially mindless, fearless ... Imperial Spawn basically. It's mentioned in a Boxin from the Raven Guard Index Astartes article as far as I recall.

Brother_Chaplian Raimo
10-09-2008, 22:01
Not really a nod, given that Raven Guard fluff pins you down and spews Poe references all over you.

Well, thanks for that image...

True, tho...from the quote to Instructor-Sergent Alenpo (*wince*), there's little escape.

daemonkin
11-09-2008, 10:14
You recall correctly Big Green! Great to have the Raven Guard represented and great to know that even Space Wolves have something that scares them!

D.

Adra
11-09-2008, 10:50
Nevermore? Really?

"Nevermore!" was the last thing Corax said before he took a shuttle and headed off into the Eye of Terror never to be seen again.

Kiro
11-09-2008, 10:59
Dan Abnett has stated that there will be TWO such books, one from each perspective of Prospero. Fear not!

Oh.Hell.Yes.

I don't much care for the Space Wolves unless they're adorning the bases of my Thousand Sons, but I shall be snapping up both books.
I've said it once, I'll say it again: I really, really, hope they don't boil this down, or take the moral ambiguity out of it. Judging by the Horus-convincing-Russ retcon, I'm holding out for an awesome read :evilgrin:

Peril
12-09-2008, 19:02
I just sincerely hope Mcneil isn't allowed to write anything else that is supossed to pass for character development. Fulgrim read like a junior high creative writing exam "...and then totally awesome Fulgrim punches out the Avatar of Khaine like POW! OWNED!! Teehee oh yeah and the Iron Hands are a bunch of idiots and die in droves. The end."

I cannot tell you how much I really hate the cliche-fests that are Mcneil's books.

Heer
12-09-2008, 21:02
I just sincerely hope Mcneil isn't allowed to write anything else that is supossed to pass for character development. Fulgrim read like a junior high creative writing exam "...and then totally awesome Fulgrim punches out the Avatar of Khaine like POW! OWNED!! Teehee oh yeah and the Iron Hands are a bunch of idiots and die in droves. The end."

I cannot tell you how much I really hate the cliche-fests that are Mcneil's books.

This is sorta off topic, but which HH books are worth reading? I picked up the first and second one when they first came out but only finished the first. I've hear Legion is good but what else is there?

TheRedAngel
12-09-2008, 21:43
In my opinion:
'Horus rising' and 'Legion' tie for first place.
'False gods' and 'Galaxy in flames' because they complete the trilogy
Eisensein
Fulgrim
Last: 'Battle for the abyss' and 'Descent of angels'

But both 'Legion' and 'BftA' split the community: You love or you loathe them.

Khaine's Messenger
12-09-2008, 22:23
You love or you loathe them.

BftA was more disappointing than loathing-worthy. The only interesting thing (to me) was the notion that there were still loyalist elements in the traitor legions, but that was a pretty minor part of the book. And touched on better in the Loken/Tarvitz/Garro books to boot, since they dealt with larger social groups of Marines. The bits about the Word Bearers didn't add anything, either. One wouldn't be missing anything by avoiding BftA. If you skip on Legion, though, you're really missing something. Even if you loathe it.

Most of the HH novels are "must-reads" if you're into the Heresy, I think. BftA is, so far, my only exception. I wouldn't go so far as to encourage you to not read it. It's just that you're not missing anything.

adreal
16-09-2008, 10:06
Um on reading fulgrim Iron Hands only sent down Ferrus and his bodyguard, so there is still room for a Iron Hands book.......