PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts High Elves

Lizardmen
09-11-2005, 17:45
How can i make a powergaming list for High Elves?

Lizardmen
09-11-2005, 19:40
What you think...
Elf Prince 552pts
Bow of Seafarer
Guardian Phoenix
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armour and Lance
Dragon

Mage 135pts
2*Dispel Scroll

10 Archers 120pts
10 Archers 120pts

5 Silver Helms 136pts
Standart Musician (2+ save)
5 Silver Helms 136pts

6 Dragon Princes 183pts
Standart Musician

5 Shadow Warriors 75pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers 120pts
With Bow

2 Tiranoc Chariots 170pts

2 Repeater Bolt Thrower 200pts

1 Eagle 50pts

Forgot the powergaming list...what do you think about this list?
Help Please

TheDrugLordX
09-11-2005, 20:50
No offense, but this is how I would do it...

2000pts High Elves

Archmage
lvl 4, seer, ring of corin, jewel of the dusk

Mage
lvl 2, ring of fury

Mage
lvl 2

Commander
Blade of sea gold, ithilmar barded steed, dragon armour, shield

5 Silver Helms
Heavy Armour & shield

5 Silver Helms
Heavy Armour & shield

5 Silver Helms
Heavy Armour & shield

5 Silver Helms
Heavy Armour & shield

5 Dragon Princes
Banner of Sorcery, standard, musician

2 Tiranoc Chariots

4 Repeater bolt thrower

This army focuses on the 3 strongest parts of a High elf army (magic, shooting and mobility). Though, it still has the armys biggest flaw: low modell count...

Lord Anathir
09-11-2005, 22:30
he said he doesnt want a power list.

shadowprince
10-11-2005, 00:34
Go seer council so archmage with book of hoeth 3 mages both rings banner of sorcery and all calvary chariots. thats a powergame high elf list.

Lizardmen
10-11-2005, 20:05
So you said that Mages + Cavalary + Chariots its the best you dont like use the dragon in 2000pts?

TheDrugLordX
10-11-2005, 22:04
Dragon is OK. But considering that HE strongest things are cav and magic you should focus on these things. The Dragon simply uses up to many pts and vs some opponents they are easily dealt with.

DARKsoulx
11-11-2005, 15:10
heres a few options that work wonders
4 mages , rings, seer, book of hoeth,
4 rbts
banner of sorcery

1 lord on dragon
1 asranil on dragon,
8 chariots
rest silver helms

lvl 3 mages with 5 dispell scrolls
9*10 silverhelms

shadowprince
11-11-2005, 19:05
if you want a dragon so bad go Arsanil the dragonlord and prince on dragon. But no dragons arent extremly good for high elfs.

Eldacar
12-11-2005, 01:15
Elf Prince 552pts
Bow of Seafarer
Guardian Phoenix
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armour and Lance
Dragon
Why have you mounted somebody suited to shooting on a CC monster? Drop the Dragon, give him an eagle. Or, if you want to keep the dragon, outfit him for combat, not shooting. Alternately, you can get a Griffon, since it is sort of a "balance" between the CC monster that is the Dragon and the shooting aid that is the Eagle.

Mage 135pts
2*Dispel Scroll
Fairly standard.

Mage
lvl 2, ring of fury

Mage
lvl 2
I'd give the third mage some equipment. The Annulian Crystal, perhaps, while the second mage should also get the Jewel of the Dusk.

10 Archers 120pts
10 Archers 120pts

5 Silver Helms 136pts
5 Silver Helms 136pts
You only need one unit of Archers to deal with small Fast Cavalry threats and the like. Also, drop the Standard on the Silver Helms, at most, you will want a Champion and perhaps a Musician if you have the points, but no more than that.

6 Dragon Princes 183pts
Standart Musician
Again, give them a champion. Also, you have the option of them taking the Banner of Ellyrion in order to let them charge through any terrain as if it isn't there.

5 Shadow Warriors 75pts

5 Ellyrian Reavers 120pts
With Bow

2 Tiranoc Chariots 170pts

2 Repeater Bolt Thrower 200pts

1 Eagle 50pts
Assuming you dropped the Dragon, get another Shadow Warrior, and another Eagle. Beyond that, you might want to obtain another Chariot if you have the points available, but it isn't a necessity by any means.

~

This is all assuming that you want a balanced list. If you want to powergame, I recommend this (http://koti.mbnet.fi/bobolius/Rosters/WHFB/Tiranoc.htm) list.

Lord Anathir
12-11-2005, 03:05
you know eldacar, you've always had an unhealthy obsession with the annulian crystal. My opinion is to give one mage the ring of fury + jewel, and one seer, channeler and silver wand.

Eldacar
12-11-2005, 04:51
you know eldacar, you've always had an unhealthy obsession with the annulian crystal.
Annulian Crystal > 2PD armies, because of their inability to stop spells like FotP as a result. However, recently, I've been advocating 2 Scrolls just as much as the Crystal. It basically depends on what I might be playing against, but if I want to go for magic defence, I'd use both the crystal and the scrolls if at all possible.

My opinion is to give one mage the ring of fury + jewel, and one seer, channeler and silver wand.
This is more of an offensive setup, with two "attacking" mages. I go the other way, with two defensive mages (or one defensive Archmage), and put the Ring of Fury and the Jewel of the Dusk on one mage to serve as an offensive caster. The other two mages will cast Drain Magic if they can, or perhaps Fortune is Fickle.

Of course, there's always the option of taking just one offensive and one defensive, but it all depends on the opponent, like I said.

Lizardmen
12-11-2005, 08:15
I'm use the bow on the prince, because in tourneys etc i see too much dragons than i waitting for, for that i can have 4 Rbt and the bow for kill other dragons, i'm think the 4Rbt and 1 Dragon function perfect!! You kill the masse with the soothing of 4Rbt and the "big ones" you kill by the dragon and the other, and more if you lost the rider(prince) the dragon have a great potencial...

Eldacar
13-11-2005, 09:07
I'm use the bow on the prince, because in tourneys etc i see too much dragons than i waitting for, for that i can have 4 Rbt and the bow for kill other dragons, i'm think the 4Rbt and 1 Dragon function perfect!! You kill the masse with the soothing of 4Rbt and the "big ones" you kill by the dragon and the other, and more if you lost the rider(prince) the dragon have a great potencial...
A dragon is a combat monster. There is no way around this fact. It costs a lot, but makes up for it in the amount of damage it can dish out when charging. To take such a dangerous monster, then play "chicken hero" with it, is not the way you would go. For that, an Eagle or a Griffon will work fine. For a Dragon, you gear the rider for combat.

I'll direct you to this (http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=10110) discussion about Dragons, since it is quicker than me simply restating all the arguments for it. It was over a different equipment choice, but the basic idea is still the same.

gortexgunnerson
13-11-2005, 12:19
If you want to use the Lord as a dragon killer put him on foot with the bow, Its not like theirs going to much difference to what he can see. 320 points is a lot to waste on a mount that isn't going to see combat, also uses up a hero choice. The most effective lists I have seen/used for High Elves are

Lothern Sea guard (which are just broken lol)

Lv 4 book of hoeth, Defensive Lve 2, 2 mounted characters with a mix of calavry and chariots. plus (2 eagles and 2 bolt throwers). Gives the calavry army with a reasonable amount of casting potential whilst the eagles are very disruptive.

4 wizards (Lv4 book of hoeth, Lv2 Ring of Fury dispel, Lv2 Silver wand channellor seer, Lv2 armed with something sutable e.e. ring of corin jewel of dusk), 4 bolt throwers, unit of swordmasters banner of sorcery. Mix of spearmen and archers for core elements and some shadow warriors for march blocking.

I have never rated armies with a prince but this is a personal preference as I think to make him difficult enough to kill he losses all his combat potential and if you make him good at fighting he dies very easily. Also theirs the fact he isn't definately the general so the useal bonus for a fighting character may be lost. When fancied with the option of a archmage with a book of hoeth I think he just isn't in the same league. I think this is the best spell caster in the game and I would take one over a 2nd gen slann anyday

Eldacar
14-11-2005, 07:26
Lothern Sea guard (which are just broken lol)
You either win before they get to your line, or you get horribly butchered. That's all there is to this list. Boring.

I have never rated armies with a prince but this is a personal preference as I think to make him difficult enough to kill he losses all his combat potential and if you make him good at fighting he dies very easily. Also theirs the fact he isn't definately the general so the useal bonus for a fighting character may be lost. When fancied with the option of a archmage with a book of hoeth I think he just isn't in the same league. I think this is the best spell caster in the game and I would take one over a 2nd gen slann anyday
A Prince gives the attribute to an army that others can't: LD10. And it is quite possible to make a near-indestructible Prince that can also dish out a bit of damage when he has to, as well. I've listed most of the builds available to Princes at this (http://www.1webspace.biz/Brenz0r/HighElfPrinceCombinations.html) site. I know that there are others, but those ones are what I find to be the most effective. Added to the fact that magic can be unreliable (for example, your Archmage could get himself blasted with a Miscast in the first turn) and is also dispellable, I think that there is plenty of opportunity to take a Prince. You just need to know when to take one, and when not to, as they're simply for a different type of playing style.