PDA

View Full Version : Cthulhu Mythos and HP Lovecraft

Lady Bastet
24-04-2005, 21:17
Hi this is mostly me scouting out to see if anyone here wants to play Call of Cthulhu in an online game (no books or dice needed and pm me if your interested).

However I am also interested in how many people here know who Cthulhu is and what the Mythos is about. Considering there are a lot of very Lovecraftian ideas bouncing around both game systems I wonder how many people even know where the ideas came from.

arxhon
24-04-2005, 21:59
I happen to be on very good personal terms with Cthulhu, and both Tsathogghua and Nyarlathotep stop by once in a while. Azathoth once invited himself over.

Worst.

Tea party.

Ever.

:mad:

Lady Bastet
24-04-2005, 23:44
What? no Yog-Sothoth? You call that a party?

He is the life and soul of all social gatherings!

Yog Sogoth
25-04-2005, 00:16
Yes...I know of H.P. Lovecraft. I've read most of his stuff and I've played Call of Cthulhu. My manager at a comic book store sucked me into playing, she loves Cthulhu.

We'll be organizing some campaigns this summer with our friends.

As for playing online I'm not interested, but good luck recruiting investigators.

arxhon
25-04-2005, 01:05
What? no Yog-Sothoth? You call that a party?

He is the life and soul of all social gatherings!

Well, you see, Yog-Sothoth lives with me. He's really bad at doing the dishes. And he always shows up drunk on some poor mortal's soul and makes passes at Shub-Niggurath. I mean, really...? Who's he trying to fool? Getting it on with ol' Shubbie there is sooo pre-Cambrian. :rolleyes:

Yog-Sothoth is a really bad roommate, but you try telling an Elder God to move out. :(

x-esiv-4c
25-04-2005, 21:23
Ai Ai Shub-Nigurath!!

Twisted Ferret
26-04-2005, 21:23
I believe that would be "Ia ia." :P

Kohhna
27-04-2005, 01:06
It was only a matter of time before the Aklo started (worse than L33t).

N'GAII FHTAGN E'HUCUNECHH R'LYEH IA , G-HARNE EP YGG RHAN TEGOTH N'THYLEII YR GNH'GUA?

hairyman
28-04-2005, 14:30
Considering there are a lot of very Lovecraftian ideas bouncing around both game systems I wonder how many people even know where the ideas came from.

What ideas do you think owe their origins to Lovecraft??

Twisted Ferret
05-05-2005, 22:01
It was only a matter of time before the Aklo started (worse than L33t).

N'GAII FHTAGN E'HUCUNECHH R'LYEH IA , G-HARNE EP YGG RHAN TEGOTH N'THYLEII YR GNH'GUA?
There are rules for this langauge? O_O

Tyra_Nid
06-05-2005, 05:11
There are rules for this langauge? O_O

Ia! Fatagn Cthulhu!