PDA

View Full Version : Nids VS Deamons

MasterDecoy
11-09-2008, 10:51
ok quick search didnt reveal any simmilar threads so here it goes.

What happens when tyranids fight deamons.

Consider this if you will.
When a deamon dies it returns to the warp
Tyranids have the "shadow in the warp"

if the shadow in the warp prevents communication between warp/realspace will a dead deamon be able to be banished, or will its anitmatter body remain?

would the nids be able to digest it if it does remain?

Furthermore, would a demon incursion be able to occur within the shadow?
can demons "posses" nids?

thoughts?

Khaine's Messenger
11-09-2008, 14:43
the shadow in the warp prevents communication between warp/realspace

The Shadow doesn't "prevent" communication between those two dimensions/domains. It just floods local warpspace with what amounts to Tyranid C3I and "racial memory." It's a slew of white noise. Mortal psykers attempting to grok it or bypass it can have rather amusing fates. Daemons attempting to bridge the gap would probably be of the incredibly mad sort that want the "kids next door" to turn down the volume on their mindless, droning music.

Furthermore, would a demon incursion be able to occur within the shadow?

I would say yes. It would require extra mojo, though. And if the warp bleeds over enough thanks to such rituals, lord only knows whether or not the Shadow will physically manifest in some form or another.

can demons "posses" nids?

Only if the influence of the Shadow is suppressed. Which can and has been done for a steep cost. It's just more of a "I'm a badass" trophy than something that makes an effective pawn, however.

Firaxin
11-09-2008, 15:40
lord only knows whether or not the Shadow will physically manifest in some form or another.

Holy ****! That's something I've never considered before. Now I wanna see rules for this, what form would it take etc...

mick005usa
11-09-2008, 17:14
This is a very interesting idea you've brought up, one that I would like to see GW expand on.

Fundamentally, does the Shadow 'truly' interfere and affect the Warp, in the alternate reality sense of the word, or does the Shadow of the Warp merely affect the material universe's ability to percieve and manipulate the Warp?

I can't speak to either possibilty, though evidence seems to largely back up the former.