PDA

View Full Version : Quick Forgeworld question...

aim
11-09-2008, 12:02
I've just bought some stuffs from forgeworld and in the confirmation e-mail it said it would take upto 28 days to arrive...

Question is, to those of you who have used Forgeworld before, is this accurate or just a line put in to cover their preverbial rears from anyone whinging about long delivery times?

Forgeworld is based in the UK, and I live in the UK so it seems a bit stone aged to me that it should take 28 days for the arrival of an online purchase. Especially considering the somewhat rediculous postage cost for a simple Royal Mail first class delivery =/ .

23rd elysian
11-09-2008, 12:08
Its about their stock levels. I ordered 2 hellhounds and a demolisher turret about 14 days ago.

Demolisher turret arrived within 2-3 days. Hellhounds I havn't got yet. If they have it in stock you will get it fairly quickly, if they dont then it can be the full 28 days.

Brother Loki
11-09-2008, 12:10
It depends entirely on luck, as to whether they have it in stock or not. Most items are cast to order, rather than fulfilled from stock, although they do try to maintain some minimal stock levels of a lot of things.

I've been lucky with most of my FW purposes and got them in about a week, generally because I'm not ordering brand new popular stuff, but more back-catalogue items. It tends to be the case that big stuff, like titans which are cast to order, and new releases take the longest to arrive.

Romanus
11-09-2008, 12:10
Hey Aim,

I live in Australia and generally when I have ordered stuff in the past it has taken 5 to 7 working days to get here. Though with the advent of Apocalypse alot of strain has been put on Foreworlds current turn around times and my latest order took around a month to arrive. Overall, hope there not busy but be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Cheers, Rom

DarthSte
11-09-2008, 12:26
I think UK law says that they have to get your purchase to you with 28 (working?) days of taking your money. I ordered some renegade militia stuff about a month ago, it turned up after about 3 days.

aim
11-09-2008, 12:42
Cool, cheers guys, guess its just a cross your fingers thing then =)

Only ordered some Tau vehicle add ons, a white transfer sheet, an XV89 and a couple of the broadsides. Hopefully the turnaround should be pretty quick.

Earthbeard
11-09-2008, 13:16
It's more a cover for them i think, some items don't take longer than a few days others up to 2 months!

The massive backlog they had over Apoc release has somewhat abated, so the delays aren't as bad.

march10k
11-09-2008, 13:48
I order from them 3-4 times a year...and it always takes time. In fact, it always takes long enough that I'm surprised when it arrives...but never so long that I think it got lost in transit. 28 days? I think my average is around 20...but I'm sure it's gone over 28 at least once.

Eryx_UK
11-09-2008, 16:02
Out of two orders I've placed with FW I've not had a problem. My Lightning Strike Fighter took 3 weeks, but my Warhound Titan was only a week.

Baragash
11-09-2008, 16:32
I've placed ~6 orders this year and they've all come in 2-3 weeks.

Maine
11-09-2008, 21:52
Back in Feb. my club and I did a group order of about $1350 of stuff. I placed the order, and everyone elses items arrived within 4 days, but my stuff (Hierophant, Trygon, Malanthrope) took about 2 weeks, though I was quoted 4-6 weeks.

Ordered some items at Games Day LA (2 1/2 weeks ago), I think some stuff just arrived today, but probably not all of it.

Fantastica
11-09-2008, 22:27
it seems to be either really quick. or really long.

I picked a bad time, I ordered some AI stuff right around Christmas, at the same time APOC had just been released.

I'm pretty sure I was in the 28 Day Range

Angelus Mortis
11-09-2008, 22:54
I bought 5200 pts (approx $2400-2800) worth of DKoK in two orders over a two week period last February. I got the last piece of that order in June. That being said, it was a large order but still, thats an awful lot of money I spent and you think they would get hot on a large order like that. Especially since it was paid in full up front.

gamer2456
11-09-2008, 23:11
i've ordered their apocalypse book and the Siege of Vraks book, both took a week and 4 days to deliver.

ChrisMurray
12-09-2008, 10:38
I ordered Red Scorpion stuff the other month, Commander Culln came in 3-4 days of them taking my money, the 2 packs of shoulder pads took 28 days exactly.

Doesn't bother me-I'm stillnot ready to paint them. I think it just depends on how popular stuff is as to how long it takes.

Hrw-Amen
12-09-2008, 10:53
As has been stated previously it just depends. I've had some stuff turn up within a couple of days and other things take about 4 weeks. I think it just depends what they have in stock.