PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gascoigne's new job

reds8n
11-09-2008, 17:38
Marc Gascoigne has a new job (http://www.thebookseller.com/news/66863-harper-launches-new-sci-fi-imprint.html)

based in Nottingham too you'll note. That'd be handy if he was looking to recruit any authors he might have had past dealings with eh ?

I hope this works out well for him and al concerned.

ankara halla
11-09-2008, 19:32
Marc Gascoigne has a new job (http://www.thebookseller.com/news/66863-harper-launches-new-sci-fi-imprint.html)

based in Nottingham too you'll note. That'd be handy if he was looking to recruit any authors he might have had past dealings with eh ?

I hope this works out well for him and al concerned.

Who the fudge is Marc Gascoigne and why should I give a ****... :wtf:

I kid :)

While I've never had a personal nor a professional (nor anykind for that matter!) relationship to the man himself, he has been a guiding force in GW since nearly "back in the good old days" and personally I have been under the impression that the corporate culture of GW of late (as in the past decade and beyond) has kept him back from being the man he can and, I'd hope, want's to be.

My best wishes to him, changing places in modern days small work enivroments (let's face it, everybody knows everybody... especially in the neighbourhood!) to the competition that sits right across the street can be challenging.

RobC
12-09-2008, 09:43
It will be interesting to see what kind of niche Angry Robot occupies. The success of Solaris demonstrated that there's a place in the market for mid-level genre authors, and with Marc in charge there will be plenty of ideas flying around – and no doubt a few snide remarks ;)

Jedi152
12-09-2008, 09:47
Good for him, i hope it all goes well.

On a similar tack i noticed that John Wigley (ex-GW artist) was a concept artist for GTA: Vice City Stories. Presumably he works for Rockstar (yes it is a British company for those of you who will insist GTA is American).

reds8n
12-09-2008, 09:55
It will be interesting to see what kind of niche Angry Robot occupies.

Indeed. I guess in part it will be determinded by the authors that are attracted to the label.

Which I guess would be at least partially determined by who the imprint head knows or can get in contact with.

..based in Nottingham eh ...hmmm

Verm1s
12-09-2008, 15:57
Who the fudge is Marc Gascoigne and why should I give a ****... :wtf:

:D

I kid :)

Aw. :(

Can't say I wish Marc well. Don't wish him ill, either. If he's not greenlighting C.S. Goto novels it's a kind of a 'whatever' situation to me.

RobC
12-09-2008, 17:47
Can't say I wish Marc well. Don't wish him ill, either. If he's not greenlighting C.S. Goto novels it's a kind of a 'whatever' situation to me.It'll be interesting to see what he commissions outside of the financial and creative shackles of GW, at any rate. I haven't read everything released by Solaris, but there were some good choices there.