PDA

View Full Version : Two Wood Elf armies I've been thinking about

AdarII
11-09-2008, 19:06
I haven't played warhammer since 6th edition (quit right after the storm of chaos) and I am looking to get back into the game and play some more or less friendly tournaments. I am thinking about making this my "base structure" army list, I have most of the models but I am more than willing to change to other options. The 2nd army is less serious and essentially a way for me to learn abit more about the new functions of WE magic and covert operations.

1 * Wardancer Highborn @
General; Wardancer; Wardancer Weapons
Blades of Loec
Amber Pendant
Annoyance of Netlings

1 * Alter Noble
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Helm of the Hunt
Hail of Doom Arrow

1 Spellsinger
Magic Level 1; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

10 Glade Guard
Longbow

10 Glade Guard
Longbow

10 Glade Guard
Longbow

10 Dryads

10 Dryads

10 Dryads

6 Wild Riders
Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
War Banner

4 Treekin

6 Wardancers
Musician
Bladesinger

1 Treeman

1 Great Eagle

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 82

Total Army Cost: 2249

The 2nd less competitive army

I do not regard this list to be as competitive as the other one but I think it is a great testbed to help me try out magic, waywatchers and other intresting things. The aim is of course (as always) to win but I want to do it with a different strategical mindset. The aim here is to try to nullify as much of my opponents tactics as possible but having a strong magic phase and use the waywatchers to disrupt any gunlines I am facing. On a table will a good amount of terrain should I be able to take out most gunlines and hopefully be able to force a more offensive enemy to expose his flanks while passing through terrain.

1 Spellweaver
General; Magic Level 4; Longbow
Deepwood Sphere
Lamentation of Despairs
Power Stone

1 Spellsinger
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Spellsinger
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Waywatcher Noble
Waywatcher; 2ndWeapon; Longbow
Blight of Terrors

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

7 Wardancers
Musician
Bladesinger

6 Wild Riders
Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
War Banner

6 Wardancers

5 Waywatchers @ 120 Pts

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

Casting Pool: 10

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 74

Total Army Cost: 2244

Makarion
11-09-2008, 20:02
I'm surprised to see no Glade Riders at all in your first list! Personally, I would drop a unit of Glade Guard and strip the dryad units down to include a BSB (maybe parked in the Treekin, or a forest if you prefer) and a unit of 5 Glade Riders with musician.

complexfire
11-09-2008, 20:14
Funny, I think your second list is more competitive, I am so/so about wood elf chars. I like the mages more..

Give em both a try. The thing to remember is to have fun and play with armies & models you like!