PDA

View Full Version : 2k dark elf army list. Help

Zachary
11-09-2008, 20:53
Charectures
Dreadlord:Dragon, shield, heavy armor, pendant of khealeth, cloak of hag greaf, heartseeker. 564 points

Sorceros: Lvl 2, tome of furion, darkstar cloak. 185 points

Death Hag:dance of doom. 140 points

Core
30 RxB. 300 ponits

28 Spearmen. 196 points

Special
12 witch elves, hag, witchbrew,standard bearer. 162 points

20 black guard. 260 points

Rare

Hydra. 175 points

Makarion
11-09-2008, 21:15
I'd be glad to help, but what is it you need help with? Just posting a list and praying we can guess what you mean is a bit hopeful.

Thomus Darkblade
11-09-2008, 21:52
Charectures
Dreadlord: Dragon, shield, heavy armor, pendant of khealeth, cloak of hag greaf, heartseeker. 564 points
I would give him a lance instead of the heartseeker. This guy should be able to take some armies on his own

Illegal as she has 2 arcane items, switch one of them for a scroll.

Hags aren't very good unless they have a cauldron or are a bsb. Also Dance of doom seems counterproductive as she's an offensive minded character. I would give her manbane and the rune of khaine and an additional hand weapon. Or i'd drop her for a master on a dark steed with heavy armor, shield SDC and a lance.

Core
30 RxB. 300 ponits
Please give these guys shields, then split them up into 2 teams of 12-15. also give them a musician.

28 Spearmen. 196 points
These guys need command. You paid the points for shields too, so include that in the list

Special
musician? when witch elves lose combat, their ability drops considerably. A musician will prevent them from loosing draws, keeping them frenzied longer.

20 is an inefficient number as they will almost certainly never get their full rank bonus units of 14-18 work best, run 6 or 7 wide. The crimson death or ring of hotek is highly recommended for the champ,

Rare

Hydra. 175 points
solid

Comments in blue
This list has some crucial weaknesses It's slow (with the exception of the dragon, only one unit has m6 or higher) it has mediocre magic,(2 levels,) decent shooting, (60 repeater crossbow shots) and okay combat. (hydra and black guard can hold thier own, spearelves and witches have thier uses) I imagine this list will struggle against anything that can take down the dragon (Bloodthirsters and other dragons, empire, skaven and dwarven artillery)
And massacre everyone else.

Zachary
12-09-2008, 01:20
I will mostly be fighting O&G. i have been think of getting rid of the dragon and put in some CoK, another sorcceros, a death hag and with any left over point buy more RxB. The death Hags are to help the witch elves overcome spiderriders and, with the 5+ ward save from death dance they might acctualy survive till the second round of combat!!! lol. The second Death Hag i would give the death mask which causes terror. One of my sorceroses would use death magic. She would then cast the spell that gives -3 LD and then the Witch elves would kill them. I might add a few corsairs to the list to use there slavers rule to help run down enemies.

PARTYCHICORITA
12-09-2008, 15:50
The second Death Hag i would give the death mask which causes terror.
Death hags can't take magic items only gifts of khaine. Same is true for assasins.
I agree with everything Thomus posted and may add i feel elves need at least 1 dispel scroll for each 1k pts since missiles and other spells butcher them.
Spear elves are to big in my opinion, either 15 or 20. I would also swap a unit of Xbowmen for harpies. DE need their harpies.

Zachary
12-09-2008, 19:30
first i dont have any harpies.
second what should i use instead of another hag? a master or some other unit?
thirdly ill get those dispel scrolls!
fourth should i take some other stuff instead of the dragon?
I would like a lvl 4 mage and more RxB. And with any points left over i would buy dark riders to kill enemy magic users. I think my biggest threat would be magical bcause i know the enemy army list and it only consists of a rock lobba(a big problem) and like 20 archers. the dark riders if under my mages protection should be able to kill the rock lobba and the mages right??

Little Aaad
12-09-2008, 20:49
Dropp all the spearmen for even more Xbows.
Ring of Hotek on Black Guard champ which should be 2 units of 14 (7x2).
Downgrade the Dragon to manticore
Add Sorc.

^^ The above is assumming your against Orc and Goblins...

Zachary
13-09-2008, 15:12
Just a random questio9n.
Is hellebron worth itÉ with up to 7 str 10 atks at WS 7 she isawesome lol.
I would use her with either the balck guard or the witch elves. She has witch brew witch is usually only for witch elf hags so she will give the bonuses to BG.
Ill drop the dragon for her and some Dark riders.
Is this a good ideaÉ

Zachary
13-09-2008, 15:14
oh and id make sure i use death dance if shes in the witch elf unit so she has at least some sort of armour save

Little Aaad
13-09-2008, 22:07
No, Hellobron will murder any front rank or character, only shooty protection is required. Therefore, but her in a unit and BAM!

Assuming your going to, of course.

Zachary
13-09-2008, 22:43
By BAM u mean good right???????

Zachary
14-09-2008, 12:46
ok ppl now to make a huge upgrade to this list. I need to turn it with aditions into a 4k list.
Here is my army:Dreadlordragon, shield, heavy armor, pendant of khealeth, cloak of hag greaf, heartseeker. 564 points

Core
30 RxB. 300 ponits

28 Spearmen. 196 points

Special

Rare

Hydra. 175 points

Now the new units:

6CoK
5DR
6shades
5 mengril manflayers
19spearmen
4lead belchers
3reaper bolt throwers
1 sorceres
10corsairs

now is that about 4k?
plz help with upgrades and stuff like that

Makarion
14-09-2008, 14:23
Please, for the love of bunny rabbits, play a game or three before diving in like this. It looks for all the world like you have no actual plan on how to use the various units. Until you do, there's little point in adding to the chaos.

Iskiab
14-09-2008, 15:40
Dreadlordragon, shield, heavy armor, pendant of khealeth, cloak of hag greaf, heartseeker. 564 points

I don't think pendant of Khealeth and the cloak work well together. One is a ward based on modified str and the other is a ability that reduces str. Armor of darkness costs the same and would be better.

As for the rest, someone else already mentioned you need to get a theme for your army, then decide what would fit that theme. That's how I build armies.