PDA

View Full Version : 2250p Tournament O&G

Kaos
11-09-2008, 23:22
Well im going to attend to a tournament here in my town and I have some ideas on what to take with me.

Wich list is best? Is it possible to survive agains VC and other magic heavy armies with only 5DP? (2+Morks Totem)..

Version 1 with Savage Orcs and Scroll Caddy.

Black Orc Warboss (Belfegork) 225 Pts
General, Armour of Gork , Warboss Um's Best Big Boss At

Black Orc Big Boss (Borka) 164 Pts
Heavy Armour, Battle Standard
Morks Spirit Totem

Savage Orc Big Boss (Da fist of Gork) 170 Pts
Warpaint, Boar Chariot
Martog's Best Basha

Night Goblin Shaman 100 Pts
lvl 1, 2 Dispell Scrolls

5 Goblin Wolf Riders 76 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Musician

Spear; Short Bow; Light Armour; Musician

5 Goblin Spider Riders 76 Pts
Spear; Short Bow; Shield; Musician

24 Orc Boyz 174 Pts
Full Command, Shields

24 Savage Boyz 270 Pts
Full Command, 2 Choppas

19 Black Orcs 329 Pts
Full Command, Shields
Nogg's Banner of Butchery

1 Rock Lobber 75 Pts
Bully

2 Spear Chukka 80 Pts
Bully

6 Squig Hoppers 90 Pts

1 Giant 205 Pts

1 Stone Troll 60 Pts

__________________________________________________ ______________

Version 2: No Scrollcaddy, Savage Orcs goes Normal Orcs and two more squig hoppers a gobbo bigboss in a chariot with tricksy Trinket and the One Hit Wunda.

Black Orc Warboss (Belfegork) 225 Pts
General, Armour of Gork , Warboss Um's Best Big Boss At

Black Orc Big Boss (Borka) 164 Pts
Heavy Armour, Battle Standard
Morks Spirit Totem

Savage Orc Big Boss (Da fist of Gork) 170 Pts
Warpaint, Boar Chariot
Martog's Best Basha

Goblin Big Boss 139Pts *
Chariot, Light Armor, Shield, One Hit Wunda, Tricksy Trinket

Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Musician

5 Goblin Spider Riders 76 Pts
Spear; Short Bow; Shield; Musician

24 Orc Boyz 174 Pts
Full Command, Shields

24 Orc Boyz 198 Pts *
Full Command, 2 Choppas

19 Black Orcs 329 Pts
Full Command, Shields
Nogg's Banner of Butchery

1 Rock Lobber 75 Pts
Bully

2 Spear Chukka 80 Pts
Bully

8 Squig Hoppers 120 Pts *

1 Giant 205 Pts

1 Stone Troll 60 Pts

__________________________________________________ _____________

I got some more alternative models to use also but i want to use the best painted wich is why it looks a bit heavy pointswise.

Any thought? Is it going to be aggressive enough to overrun Shooty, Magic Heavy, Monsters, VC or Demons without the scrollcaddy?

Oh and the plan is to use the gobbo cav screen to lure enemies into traps or hunt mages or artillery until my main force can launch a big and heavy nice Waaagh! And use combined charges.

What are the biggest threats to this army and what should i think of, im not that routined im afraid to know better these days.

Any help is welcome!

Cheers -Kaos

Green Feevah!
12-09-2008, 19:55
Just before I say anything, I want to let you know that I checked out your painting log... absolutely amazing! I wish I could do ork skin that well.

Anyways, I prefer the second list to the first, but I'm fairly biased about regular boys being better than anything else in our list. I normally field three units of 25 boyz with choppa and shield ,and have been very successful with it.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating: the key to orcs is redundancy. Animosity is our worst enemy, and can cripple your plans. But if you send three of everything to do one job, when two fail you're still on track. That said, your second list has more redundancy, and I thin kwill serve you better.

Magic-wise though, you'll be in rough spot. It seems orc can never have enough dispel dice. I run my army fairly magic-light, and it weathers well against most armies, but gets really hurt ion the magic phase. My one scroll caddy shaman does what he can. Mork's spirit totem helps though.

Also, I personally would replace the black orcs with chariots, but that just because I think they are a big point sink. Also I worry about your goblin chariot, since he's all by himself, and will likely get singled out by cannons, dwarven bolt throwers, and anything else that can one-shot kill him.

I'll admit though, I'm hesitant to give most of this advice because your army looks so good, I'd want you to field it as is just to look at it. But if you're in to win it, then there are more efficient combos of troops out there.

Kaos
13-09-2008, 08:42
Thanks for the comment. Its fairly easy to paint the skin like that. Its basicly just catachan green highlighted with rotting flesh and then inked down with green ink+brown ink+water.

Yeah i feel it would be better with more fleshy units of orcs but i also want to field the prettiest (of a kind heh) units. I have one more unit of 30 orcs bug i gave them spears some 6 or 7 years ago and i must remove them or claim that they indeed are a different kind of choppas. Im not sure how to go with this. More orcs is better indeed.. Hmm Hmm..

I think i will go with the second list so far and see if i can maybe force myself to kick out the blorcs to add some other stuff. Sadly i dont have my units of NG painted, could be useful indeed.

About the goblin chariot im thinking of fielding it on the flank and chase sides of enemy blocks since he got US 5. The other also have US5 wich is mean. It all depends on what kind of army i will be up against i think. If i meet shooty gunlines i kinda feel it doesnt matter much what i do? Perhaps field boarboys, got a big unit i can break down into two lesser units perhaps. Hmm..

Ill be pondering in my thinking cap made of fungus.

Kaos
13-09-2008, 09:06
Ok so i sold the blorcs and for those points i could buy 6 boarboyz with a boss in it (just there to bring fast pain where needed, if they dont squabble of course, wich they allways do but i still got hope for them. They will be useful one day!! One day...) and a unit of 25 orcs with shield and choppa.

Or if i make the boarboys only 5 with nothing more i can give my savage orc bigboss in the chariot killing blow, wich might come in handy against regenerating characters or such. (certain demons springs to mind)

Jwolf
13-09-2008, 12:45
I'll second the not enough dispel dice problem. VC will be twice their starting size by the time your lines reach theirs. Further, VC will bait savage orcs with a spirit host and get you stuck forever.
Give your general some magic weapon to cut ward saves and deal with ethereal critters.

I have to go with version 1 just because it can stop a little more magic, which will be what kills you against VC, but I don't think a big block of savage orcs will do much for you against most opponents.

Kaos
14-09-2008, 20:11
After some consideration Game-effectiveness and Painting this is what i came up with.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/Chaoslorden/Armyshot3.jpg

CHARACTERS

1 Black Orc Warboss 225 Pts
General; Choppa
Armour of Gork
Warboss Um's Best Big Boss At

1 Black Orc Big Boss 164 Pts
Choppa; Heavy Armour; Battle Standard
Morks Spirit Totem

1 Savage Orc Big Boss 200 Pts
Frenzy; Choppa; Warpaint
Martog's Best Basha