PDA

View Full Version : The Second Siege of Terra and the Age of Apostasy

Helsing
12-09-2008, 08:58
I think that GW should hold a summer tournament about the Second Siege of Terra and the rise of the Ordo Hereticus and Sisters of Battle. This would be an extra incentive for players to but SOB models as well as the Inquisitor range, armies such as Guard, Space Marines and Ordo Malleus would get their fare share as well as chaos. What do you think?

Helsing.

Allen
12-09-2008, 09:43
I think that GW should hold a summer tournament about the Second Siege of Terra and the rise of the Ordo Hereticus and Sisters of Battle. This would be an extra incentive for players to but SOB models as well as the Inquisitor range, armies such as Guard, Space Marines and Ordo Malleus would get their fare share as well as chaos. What do you think?

Helsing.

Well, official tournaments and/or campaigns centered around the past of the Imperium are highly improbable...what about the armies that are not featured?

During the Second Siege there was virtually only the Martian Skitarii, the Black Templars and the Imperial Fists on the field of battle...as opposing force we have the Frateris Militia (the private male army of Vandire) and the Sister of Battle, the tyrant personal bodyguard.

No famous and/or obscure imperial guard regiment were present, no famous or unknow Space Marine chapter (except for the two already nominated), no chaos force, no daemon armies, no necron harvesting fleet, obiouvsly no Tau army, no tyranid slpinter fleet, no Eldar or Dark Eldar warriors around, no Orks...pretty boring for a lot of gamers, IMHO.

Latest campaigns run by GW are aimed to every Codex published: even the latest Black Crusade campaign had a parallel plot to justify the contribution of Tau armies to the general outcome, for example.

Campaigns settled in the past of the Imperium are not really interesting from a marketing point of view. Maybe a Horus Heresy worldwide campaign...but that's wishful thinking, I fear.

Dryaktylus
12-09-2008, 11:29
There was a battle for the Fang during the age of Apostasy, so they could include the Wolves. And I suppose there were a lot of alien attacks in a time, when the Imperium was weakend. For the bugeyes they could use something similar to the Ouroboris legion (also in M36), for the Necrons... who cares:D

But I don't see them starting such a campaign as well.

pookie
12-09-2008, 12:27
Well, official tournaments and/or campaigns centered around the past of the Imperium are highly improbable...what about the armies that are not featured?

During the Second Siege there was virtually only the Martian Skitarii, the Black Templars and the Imperial Fists on the field of battle...as opposing force we have the Frateris Militia (the private male army of Vandire) and the Sister of Battle, the tyrant personal bodyguard.

No famous and/or obscure imperial guard regiment were present, no famous or unknow Space Marine chapter (except for the two already nominated), no chaos force, no daemon armies, no necron harvesting fleet, obiouvsly no Tau army, no tyranid slpinter fleet, no Eldar or Dark Eldar warriors around, no Orks...pretty boring for a lot of gamers, IMHO.

Latest campaigns run by GW are aimed to every Codex published: even the latest Black Crusade campaign had a parallel plot to justify the contribution of Tau armies to the general outcome, for example.

Campaigns settled in the past of the Imperium are not really interesting from a marketing point of view. Maybe a Horus Heresy worldwide campaign...but that's wishful thinking, I fear.

both the fire hawks and soul drinkers were also present.

problem i see is at the time the SoB were not actually the SoB but there precursor, i can see them being styled differently to what they are now.

good idea tho OP - owt that means the BT are the main force in a campaign must be a good thing !

TheLionReturns
12-09-2008, 12:45
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Age of Apostasy also meant to see a lot of Space Marine Chapters and Imperial Guard regiments stay away from the fighting of the civil war and protect/enforce order in the sectors which they had a presence. In this setting it is quite easy to explain the involvement of other xenos as trying to take advantage of the chaos to attack these isolated sectors. You could easily have more theatres of war than just the second siege of terra in this time setting.

Clockwork-Knight
12-09-2008, 12:56
It still wouldn't really work that good. For example the Tau and the Tyranids didn't appear fo the Imperials until M41.

precinctomega
13-09-2008, 19:04
as opposing force we have the Frateris Militia (the private male army of Vandire)

Frateris Templars.

R.

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-09-2008, 22:43
Sure the other armies would be fighting somewhere in the galaxy, but it's not really that fun to have a campaign centred around something that 90%+ of your customers are not going to be joining in on.