PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about this one...

Violadudester
12-09-2008, 22:55
So I am feeling a little on the cheesy side and might take this list for a tournament in the coming weeks, let me know what you think:

1 Dreadlord: Black Dragon, Crimson Death, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Ring of Darkness, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield.
569pts.

1 Sorceress: Lvl.2, 2xDS.
185pts.

1 Assassin: 2xHW, Rune of Khaine, Manbane, Cry of War, Hand of Khaine.
171pts.

25 Warriors: FC, Shield, Spear.
190pts.

2x5 Dark Riders: HW, Spear, LA, RxB, Musician.
234pts

10 Crossbowmen: HW, Shield, LA.
110pts.

5 Harpies
55pts.

5 Shades: HW, RxB.
80pts.

17 Black Guard: HA, HW, Halberd, Banner of Har Ganeth, Champion with Soul Render, FC.
306pts.

2xWar Hydra
350pts.

Total: 2250pts.

Little Aaad
12-09-2008, 22:58
Drop Assasin and Level 2

Add 2 Vanila assasins with 2HW

Much better IMO, for the simple reason, more is better! Also, 8 attacks at str 4 is better then 5-7 Strength 4-6. The other stuff isn't really necessary.

Arnizipal
12-09-2008, 23:04
Shield is a bit wasted on the Dreadlord as Crimson Death is a two handed weapon.

Kalec
13-09-2008, 04:30
Drop the sorceress to level 1. With a single mage you get nothing out of the extra magic level, and you don't want a miscast to kill off your scroll caddy.

Makarion
13-09-2008, 05:44
The miscast comment is quite true, but the Druchii are the only army that can actually hope to cast spells with a single level 2 mage. Mind, I'd still not spend the points for the upgrade unless she has the company of a sister...

Violadudester
13-09-2008, 13:58
Drop Assasin and Level 2

Add 2 Vanila assasins with 2HW

Much better IMO, for the simple reason, more is better! Also, 8 attacks at str 4 is better then 5-7 Strength 4-6. The other stuff isn't really necessary.

Why would I want to do that when I have 5-7 attacks w/manbane, -1 A for the opponent and possibly having them down to WS1 on the charge? Two vanilla assassins won't do anything really well without upgrades except for striking first, which is why I prefer to take them fully loaded on gifts so they'll put a punch in my enemy's line before they get to strike (should they charge of course). I'd rather not drop the sorceress as well, she's the obligatory caddy.

I was mainly going for veristility with the sorceress; I've got off two low level spells before but of course two dice can be easily dispelled with DD and that is by no means effective. With this in mind I'll consider dropping the level on the sorceress. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Little Aaad
13-09-2008, 22:00
It seems like a good idea at the moment but having 2 assasins is so much better than one kitted. If I see a unit coming after my Giant, I will know, being a Dark Scum, that it contains Manbane etc. Now, guess how many I have and where they are. Coming your your mages, units, who knows. It works magically.

Warlord Broken spear
13-09-2008, 23:26
I think you should keep the list as it is because you need the dispel dice and scrolls