PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian Tourney List 2500pts

badgeraddict
13-09-2008, 13:45
Hi guys, this is the list I am pondering using for the clubs next friendly tournament:

Tourney BRETS 2500 Pts - Bretonnia Army

Bretonnian Lord 240 Pts
General; Lance; Shield; Knightly Vow
Armour of Midsummer Sun
Virtue of Confidence
Mantle of Damsel Elena
Gauntlet of the Duel
Barded Warhorse

Paladin Battle Standard Bearer 129 Pts
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard Bearer; Knightly Vow
War Banner
Virtue of Duty
Barded Warhorse

Paladin 145 Pts
Grail Vow
Armour of Agilulf
Lance of Artois
Barded Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady 135 Pts
Magic Level 2
Chalice of Malfleur
Barded Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady 130 Pts
Magic Level 2
Icon of Quenelles

8 Knights Errant 201 Pts
Full Command
Errantry Banner

10 Knights of the Realm 264 Pts
Full Command

8 Knights of the Realm 216 Pts
Full Command

24 Men-at-Arms 147 Pts
Halberd, Full Command

10 Peasant Bowmen 70 Pts
Braizers, Villein

10 Peasant Bowmen 70 Pts
Braizers, Villein

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 87 Pts
Shield, Musician

4 Pegasus Knights 240 Pts
Champ. Standard

8 Grail Knights 334 Pts
Musican, Standard

1 Field Trebuchet 90 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 96

Total Army Cost: 2498

In the tournament, there will be 7 players. The other armies are likely to be;

Dwarves
Orcs & Goblins
Dark Elves
High Elves
Wood Elves
Warriors of Chaos/Chaos

The list is not yet final, so any list advice is most welcome and encouraged!

Thanks

~Badgeraddict

neXus6
13-09-2008, 14:00
I'm not much of a Bretonnian player, mostly just planning armies I've never made. :p

That said my untrained eye really like the look of the unit choices you've gone for, nice mix of stuff, nothing stupid like an all knight army or the RAF. :D

badgeraddict
13-09-2008, 14:06
I'm not much of a Bretonnian player, mostly just planning armies I've never made. :p

That said my untrained eye really like the look of the unit choices you've gone for, nice mix of stuff, nothing stupid like an all knight army or the RAF. :D

Thank you very much!

I must confess to loving the peasants! I often take the Grail Reliquae, but instead I have gone for a large unit of Men at Arms. In this unit I shall place the Damsel on foot, for she has a cheeky purpose...to use the Prayer Icon to give them the blessing!

Ender101
25-09-2008, 04:54
Your list looks pretty solid, you have plenty of ranged support and a solid unit of men at arms to back up your knights.

The one thing I noticed was the fact that you gave the peasants a command, and the archers villeins. I think that points could be spent a little better here. (Again this is just my personal opinion ^_^) the leadership boost isn't exactly staggering and the increased fighting skills are marginal. I'm a big fan of my peasants, but I've never felt the upgrades were worth it. With the points you could shave off on this you could get a Banner of Defense for your Grail Knights, since they're almost always going to be a fire magnet.

The only other thing I can say about your list is the fact that you have two duelists, I find that one is usually good enough. You could consider changing your lord or paladin to a more 'strike' oriented character. A good use for such characters is widdling down a unit charged.

Just my two cents, I don't play in many tournaments, but you have a good list, I hope you do well.

:cool:

badgeraddict
25-09-2008, 07:27
I have two duelists because I often find that the one I want to get into a challenge, doesn't!

The Villeins do me very well, as for the Yeoman Warden, well no one expects peasants to have a champion in their unit I've found.

Thank you for your response Ender101

Griptenstien
25-09-2008, 09:05
Only thing I would mention is the lack of dispel scrolls. I find 4 dispel dice isn't enough at 2000 let alone 2500 so would try to squeeze at least one in.

the_godfather
25-09-2008, 19:30
I like the sound of this army but i agree with Griptenstien 4 dispell dice aren't enough in a 2.5k army.