PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Farseer&Bonesinger psychic power

Wraithbored
10-11-2005, 02:24
Wall of Force(25 pts.):
The farseer unleashes a mighty wall of kinetic force that throws her opponents away from her outstretched palm like rag dolls in a maelstrom.

This power is used at the end of any assault phase after all CC attacks have been made and if the farseers passes her psychic test the unit in CC with the farseer is thrown back 2d6 in the direction of the Eldar players choosing, if the unit impacts impassable terrain or other models they stop short of the distance rolled.

Wraithbone Prison(20 pts.):
The Bonesingers summons shards of wraithbone that form a prison around an affected unit entagling them in sharp pieces of wraithbone.

The target unit within 18" of the bonesinger is automatically entagled for the duration of 1 turn the prison confers a 5+ save against shooting at the entangled unit.

What are your thoughts oh good people of Warseer?

Treacherous whisper(10 pts.):
The farseer whispers into the mind of her foe and tries to replace the visages of his comrades with the images of his most hated foes, or using her telekinetic abilities to guide the foe's body to aim at his comrades. The hapless soul will fire blindly with anger and fear into his comrades and then try to drag down as many as he can with fists and close combat attacks.

This power has a 24" range and it is used in the shooting phase instead of firing a wepaon. Nominate an enemy model within range and line of sight and if the psychic test is succesfully passed the target nominated model and the farseer roll a D6 and add the result to their leadership scores. If the farseer is succesfull the enemy model shoots his weapon into his own squad and unless it was a heavy weapon can also assault and counts as sweeping. The other models in the unit may try to prevent the model from attacking them and may strike at him just as he was an enemy model in close combat.Independant characters and daemons may not be the targets of this power.

Rebound (18 pts.):

The farseer discerns the enemy is about to unleash a psychic or magical attack against her or her kin and takes steps that those would inflict harm on her and her kin shall fall victim to their own aggression and malice.

This power is used only when an opposing psychic power targets the farseer and the unit she is accompanying or a unit within 6" and line of sight. The farseer and the opposing psyker roll a D6 and add it to their Ld scores if the farseer is succesful the power rebounds and targets the unit of origin inflicting whatever harm was intended for the Eldar players' force. This power may not be used if the farseer is engaged in close combat.

warlordgrubnatz
10-11-2005, 17:27
wall of force could score a strength 2 hit on evry enemy model, or rduce to 20pts seems fair.

wraithbone prison could be reduced to 15pts due to te 5+save.

treacherous whisper is good

rebound seems okay.

overall good.

Hideous Loon
10-11-2005, 17:30
Hmm. Is entangling something that occurs in the 4th ed. rulebook? If so, what does it do? And if not, what does it do? Methinks hurting the unit in some way (D3 hits at S5 would be good) while receiving a save against shooting attacks, giving you a good side and a bad side of the power. Also, can ANY unit or just hostile/friendly units be targetted?

I really like the Force Push-like Wall of Force. I think that the targetted unit should have to (if they have been pushed back more than 6") take a Morale check or fall back, becasue it's quite a revolving experience to be thrown back ten metres without having control of the situation.

Wraithbored
10-11-2005, 20:16
wall of force could score a strength 2 hit on evry enemy model, or rduce to 20pts seems fair.

wraithbone prison could be reduced to 15pts due to te 5+save.

treacherous whisper is good

rebound seems okay.

overall good.
Acctually the wording of the power says ANY assault phase. Imagine casting Wall of force at the end of your opponents assault phase the targeted unit will be out of CC and if the Eldar player is a good tactician be gunned down.

The writhbone prison cost is hig because imagine entagling a unit of 30 hormagaunts. Sure a space marine may not be hurt much but any other army will suffer.

Hmm. Is entangling something that occurs in the 4th ed. rulebook? If so, what does it do? And if not, what does it do? Methinks hurting the unit in some way (D3 hits at S5 would be good) while receiving a save against shooting attacks, giving you a good side and a bad side of the power. Also, can ANY unit or just hostile/friendly units be targetted?

I really like the Force Push-like Wall of Force. I think that the targetted unit should have to (if they have been pushed back more than 6") take a Morale check or fall back, becasue it's quite a revolving experience to be thrown back ten metres without having control of the situation.

I can't copy the rules from the rulebook onto the forum. But the idea of quickly enveloping your unit into a protective wall for one turn might be a good idea if yes then the price should absolutely remain.As for damage no again.

Again I restate the tactical felxibility the Force Wall gives and the targeted unit needs no further handicaps. As for the price the more i rumminate over it, I'll see what happens if I lower th points to 20.

Helicon_One
10-11-2005, 22:29
To be honest, I don't see why everyone has an obsession with including Bonesingers in the Eldar army list. They've had some mention in the fluff because they're involved in building and maintaining Wraithlords and Wraithguard, but as far as I see their role is very much 'behind the scenes', not running around on a live battlefield.

Tim

Wraithbored
10-11-2005, 23:19
To be honest, I don't see why everyone has an obsession with including Bonesingers in the Eldar army list. They've had some mention in the fluff because they're involved in building and maintaining Wraithlords and Wraithguard, but as far as I see their role is very much 'behind the scenes', not running around on a live battlefield.

Tim

Because since rumour has it they may be released with the next Eldar codex I thought I'd be cool to think about what they could do and be more than just the eldar version of a techmarine. Also please this thread on topic. I thank you all in advance.

The Judge
11-11-2005, 19:33
Since they were in Dawn of War, to be honest. Then they were running around the battlefield.

Wall of Force should only be available in the Eldar turn - but maybe in a different phase than the assault phase, so tactical possibilities are still possible.

Treacherous whispers is teo powerful - don't let heavy weapons do it. Perhaps make it more like the WHFB Slaanehi spell - each model in the unit makes one attack on itself.

Wraithbone Prison is insane - entangles a unit? What if you cast this EVERY turn on somebody's Seer Council. They're screwed, and it effectively takes out an entire unit from the game.
Make it so they count as being in difficult terrain but give them no save.

Rebound is good.

Helicon_One
11-11-2005, 21:37
Since they were in Dawn of War, to be honest. Then they were running around the battlefield.

Another reason for me not to like that game, then....

The Warlocks and Farseers I'm cool with, they're the psychic equivalent of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs, but I really don't see what Bonesingers add to the Eldar list or why the Craftworld would risk their necks in a battle. Maybe as Iyanden characters only, they could find a niche.

Sorry if I caused offense, Wraithbored, its not that I didn't like your idea, just the concept of Bonesingers as battlefield participants is weird to me.

Tim

lord_blackfang
11-11-2005, 23:00
You mean kinda like Techmarines and Engineseers? :p

Helicon_One
12-11-2005, 20:44
Techmarines are still Marines though, they're being wasted if they're not actually involved in the fighting.

Enginseers.... well, its a bit weird for them to be on the battlefield too, yes. Battlefield repairs are something that should happen after the battle, not during it, although I wouldn't have minded seeing 'Enginseer crewman' as a vehicle upgrade.

With Eldar its weirder though, using Guardians heavily is enough of a stretch, but taking a valuable psyker with no fighting ability (remember that when on the Path Of The Bonesinger any previous military training is shoved aside) in harm's way is pretty far out of character. His statline should truly suck, if nothing else.

Tim

The Judge
13-11-2005, 18:18
Evem though the Techmarine and Enginseer are in their respective lists (and Orks get meks!), I hardly ever see them being taken, other than as cheap Devastator squads - and even then its only been in the battle reports, never in my local store.
Nice models though.
What kind of servitor-equivalent would Bonesingers have, if any?

Wraithbored
13-11-2005, 23:39
Evem though the Techmarine and Enginseer are in their respective lists (and Orks get meks!), I hardly ever see them being taken, other than as cheap Devastator squads - and even then its only been in the battle reports, never in my local store.
Nice models though.
What kind of servitor-equivalent would Bonesingers have, if any? They wouldn't a bonesinger only needs the Ghost Flute to shape and meld and call in wraithbone through the warp. And this is offtopic BTW and as I requested before please keep to the topic.

RampagingRavener
15-11-2005, 21:29
Seems quite intresting. How about this for a warlock power:

Tanglefoot: 10 points?

As the enemy charge towards them, they find their limbs growing sluggish and tired, or their sense of balence upsetting, seeing them trip over any slight mound in the landscape.

Any enemy squad wishing to charge the Warlock or a squad he has joined must test for difficult terrain.

Or this for a Farseer Power:

Silence: 25 points?

The farseer plunges an area of the battlefeild into utter silence, rendering even the detonation of artillery no more than a whisper in the wind. The Eldar find this silence a boon, allowing them to concentrate on felling their enemies, while the foe finds the sudden lack of sound deeply unsettling.

All Eldar models within 12" of the caster gain +1 Ld. All enemy models within 12" suffer -1 Ld.

Wraithbored
15-11-2005, 21:45
Seems quite intresting. How about this for a warlock power:

Tanglefoot: 10 points?

As the enemy charge towards them, they find their limbs growing sluggish and tired, or their sense of balence upsetting, seeing them trip over any slight mound in the landscape.

Any enemy squad wishing to charge the Warlock or a squad he has joined must test for difficult terrain.

Or this for a Farseer Power:

Silence: 25 points?

The farseer plunges an area of the battlefeild into utter silence, rendering even the detonation of artillery no more than a whisper in the wind. The Eldar find this silence a boon, allowing them to concentrate on felling their enemies, while the foe finds the sudden lack of sound deeply unsettling.

All Eldar models within 12" of the caster gain +1 Ld. All enemy models within 12" suffer -1 Ld.
I love this sort of like a dirge caster but IMHO the price for Silence could be lowered to 15 or even 10. As for tanglefoot no objections from me.

RampagingRavener
16-11-2005, 17:48
Yea, it could probably do with a lower price. I first had it affecting the whole battlefeild, and priced it quite highly, and forgot to lower it. Oops!

Ok, how about this:

Farseer Power-Statis Feild-20 points.

The Farseer creates a defensive feild of energy that can paralyse those two slow to escape it.

Place a template the size of a Large Blast Template anywhere within 18" of the caster. Any enemy models who move over it must roll a D6 and compare it to the majority Initiative of the squad (use the lowest if a dispute arises). If the roll is Equal to or higher than the Initiative, then the enemy squad is automaticly pinned. The Feild will remain in play until someone moves over it, in which point it will be removed whether the enemy was pinned or not.

Wraithbored
18-11-2005, 01:00
Nice and for that point cost the Eldar in that field could instead gain +1A and +1I (as the farseer is bednig the skein of reality with her mind)

RampagingRavener
18-11-2005, 15:26
Yea, that would work as well. ;)

Ans yep, "Stasis Feild" was inspired by the whirilwinds ability to lay minefeilds.

Wraithbored
20-11-2005, 18:25
Yea, that would work as well. ;)

Ans yep, "Stasis Feild" was inspired by the whirilwinds ability to lay minefeilds.
the ability we all love and adore...:rolleyes: