View Full Version : The Battle for Hoth

Nurglitch
10-11-2005, 03:09
++Deleted++

General Veers
11-11-2005, 00:09
I've got 5 on order expecting them tomorrow. :D

Now I have to come up with some rules to use all of them! :confused:

I'll probably modify SST rules since they have good system with a fun airphase for the Snowspeeders. Oh and it'll handle alot of troops too. Though 40K can do that very well too of course. ;)

Olith
11-11-2005, 03:29
I've got 5 on order expecting them tomorrow. :D

Made me chuckle.

Anyway, it looks like a really nice kit. I wish they'd release an official full stratergy game though.

VanHel
11-11-2005, 03:58
Yeah, I saw that at Gencon, its cool.

Sai-Lauren
11-11-2005, 11:48
For those of us in the UK, Leisure Games has them on their New Releases (http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/NewReleases.html) page.
Yours for 34.99, although I'd like to see them in person (for scale comparison ;)) before I consider getting any.

N'bel
12-11-2005, 00:39
I will definately be getting one... or two :o

Griefbringer
12-11-2005, 10:26
Anyway, it looks like a really nice kit. I wish they'd release an official full stratergy game though.

Back in the early 90's or so West End Games released a boardgame for Battle of Hoth, as well as a Star Wars miniature battle game (none of the silly collectable stuff nowadays on market).

Anvils Hammer
12-11-2005, 13:49
nice!! ive see nthis model, my local independant had a few in stock yesturday and i though it looked cool, it was priced at £35, which for a fulyl painted and assembled large model, is an absolute bargain.

Olith
13-11-2005, 01:45
Back in the early 90's or so West End Games released a boardgame for Battle of Hoth, as well as a Star Wars miniature battle game (none of the silly collectable stuff nowadays on market).

Yeah I have alot of the boxed miniature sets, the mini's weren't too shabby. I mostly used them for the RPG, but also played some modfied necromunda with them. The problem with all Star Wars products these days are the licensing rules and the amount the licensing costs prohibting many possible products :(.

Balseraph
16-11-2005, 19:47
MMMM Nice minis. Worth owning it just to own it. It's snacky.

And owning several more for Bits.