PDA

View Full Version : 2000 daemons / help me to improve or is it enough ?

Wantblood
14-09-2008, 01:14
HERO

200p - Skulltaker / jugger
250p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / noxtorious Vapours / slime trail / lvl 1 Wizard
275p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / noxtorious Vapours / slime trail / lvl 1 Wizard / BSB
250p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / slime trail / noxtorious vapours / Great Standard of Sundering

CORE

84p - 7x Furies
84p - 7x Fruies
241p - 16x Plague Bearers / Champ / S.B. / Standard Seeping Decay ( Skulltaker and herald of nurgle in this unit )
241p - 16x Plague Bearers / Champ / S.B. / Standard Seeping Decay (Herald of nurgle in here )
241p - 16x Plague Bearers / Champ / S.B. / Standard Seeping Decay (Herald of nurgle in here )

SPECIAL

155p - 4x Flamers of Tz.( 1x pyrocaster here )

-----

1997 puan

-------------------

Help me to improve guys or is it enough for Pitch Battle ?

StanMcKim
14-09-2008, 01:53
Interesting, but not a lot of punch. Trust me, as a huge proponent of Nurgle, the plague bearers are great but they're not real killers. Anyhoo, I'd probably drop a unit of plaguebearers for a beafy unit of bloodletters. Also, if you can squeeze her in, put the Masque in. She pays for herself a million times over. It looks interesting though. I'd love to see it on the field.

-Stan

Wantblood
14-09-2008, 02:28
Thank you for your suggestions Stan.I think you are right for the Plaguebearers.So i changed my list.

HERO

200p - Skulltaker / jugger
275p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / noxtorious Vapours / slime trail / lvl 1 Wizard / BSB
300p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / slime trail / noxtorious vapours / Great Standard of Sundering / lvl 1 wizard
90p - Masque of slaanesh

CORE

84p - 7x Furies
84p - 7x Fruies
241p - 16x Plague Bearers / Champ / S.B. / Standard Seeping Decay ( Skulltaker and herald of nurgle in this unit )
319p - 22x Bloodletters / Full Command / Icon of Endless War

SPECIAL

------------

Lightbringer
14-09-2008, 10:17
I would suggest to take 2 times 6 x Furies and letting the Pyrocaster out for one more Flamer becuase they are really hart hitters

Shamfrit
14-09-2008, 10:46
200p - Skulltaker / Jugger

Although I am very much guilty of utilising Skulltaker's, 'power' shall we say, I don't think he works here. He tends to go better with Flesh Hounds (as a launch pad to get him to where he's needed quickly.) It's excellent that he's got a 0+ armour save and can take down characters, but if you can't get him there quickly your opponent will ignore him for the better part, (because people fear him enough to stay the hell away.)

300p - Herald of nurgle / palanqin / slime trail / noxtorious vapours / Great Standard of Sundering / lvl 1 wizard

These characters are far, far, far too expensive. Yes, I know it's a Daemons of Chaos army, but the most competitive lists at the moment don't often go over 600-680 points on four heralds, you've hit that with two. I presume the top isn't the BSB and the bottom is? They're fine builds but you're paying 50 points for a Dispel Dice that won't give you any magical ability. (4 Casting Dice is not going to get through anything except on an Irresistible Force roll, although I'm sure I don't need to point that out.) I would consider dropping the Palanquin's and slimming them down, I know you need two to Locus both Plaguebearers, so I won't suggesting changing them.

90p - Masque of slaanesh

The Masque is fantastic. Enough said.

CORE

84p - 7x Furies
84p - 7x Fruies

I'm with the others on this, Furies rarely need to be more than 5, due to the fact that they will all die 90% of the time if they lose combat, and 5 Str 4 hits is more than enough to do what they need to do. Keeps the cost down too.

If you're putting a Juggernaut AND a Palanquin in here, you're displacing 8 models to have effectively a 24 model unit. I would drop the amount of Plaguebearers by say, 4 models, as this still gives you a starting rank bonus but gives you a points boost towards another unit.

This is absolutely fine as is, as it'll be 20 models strong at the start.

319p - 22x Bloodletters / Full Command / Icon of Endless War

In my personal opinion, 22 Bloodletters without Locus is exceptionally overblown. 15/16 (depending on how you have your frontage) is all you're going to need. Your opponent won't fire at them as much (due to the Character filled Plaguebearers coming towards him!) so they really don't need to be this big - Heck, go for a 6X2 sweeping advance unit.

SPECIAL

If you're using Flamers, you need 6. There is no leeway for this, the only time you shouldn't have the full compliment in a unit is if you're playing less than 2000, or if you've taken a Herald of Tzeentch Flamer and then you should take 5 (with Caster) and the Herald for a unit of 6.

---
Hope some of this helps!