PDA

View Full Version : 40k/Fantasy shared background?

dave
14-09-2008, 09:14
I just finished reading the Liber Chaotica (Volume 1) and noticed lots of 40k references in it. I don't know much about the Fantasy background but they seem to be linked?

The "writer" of the Liber Chaotica talks about the Eye of Terror, the Emperor on the Golden Throne, the Black Crusades etc. He doesn't understand the things he is writing about but describes the Traitor Legions, Angron, Doombreed (Angron and Doombreed are portrayed as the only individuals who could reform the World Eaters into a functioning legion again) and many other 40k characters. He draws pictures of Defilers, Titans, Space Marines etc. There are other references as well scattered through the book. I haven't read the other volumes but the idea that the two are linked is interesting.

I don't know if this appears in any other books. If it does could someone point me in the right direction? I wouldn't mind reading more.

Cheers
Dave

Burnthem
14-09-2008, 09:18
Do a search mate, you'll find dozens of threads all about this exact topic which should answer any questions you have.

MvS
14-09-2008, 09:24
Yes, this topic has only just slid to page 2 of the 40K background forum!

Here's the link: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161655

In that thread there are also lots of other links to previous discussions.

Hope this helps!

:)

dave
14-09-2008, 09:39
My bad. Close this thread please. Cheers.

Messiah
14-09-2008, 10:02
Ooo, thank you for the civil discussion. Refreshing to see. :)