PDA

View Full Version : World Eaters and Emperor's Children Destroyed Legions?

Chaplain Muller
14-09-2008, 10:18
Well, recently I was reading some fluff saying that the backbones of both th Emperor's Children and World Eaters were broken up during bloody fighting on the planet Skalathrax.

So, what I'm asking is: do these Legions have any structure any more, with the Primarchs in control of them? Or are they now just independent warbands?

Any answers much appreciated.

Muller out.

Radium
14-09-2008, 10:35
AFAIK only the world eaters were broken as a legion (thanks to Kharn), the emperor's children on the planet were just slaughtered and the rest of the legion is pretty much ok.

Koryphaus
14-09-2008, 10:39
Due to the actions of Kharn the Betrayer (Edit-As Radium says) the World Eaters were broken as a legion, and are a collection of warbands of various sizes, lead by chamions such as Kossolax the Foresworn. I cannot tell you much about the Emperor's Children though.

I would assume the Emperor's Children is broken up as well (though to what degree I do not know), if only due to the fact that the Word Bearers are remarked upon as the only Traitor Lgion to have maintained their basic legion structure.

Chaplain Muller
14-09-2008, 11:00
I thought the Black Legion kept their pre-heresy structure as well? Meh.

Thanks for the info so far.

Allen
14-09-2008, 11:11
I would assume the Emperor's Children is broken up as well (though to what degree I do not know), if only due to the fact that the Word Bearers are remarked upon as the only Traitor Lgion to have maintained their basic legion structure.

That's not correct.
The legions that mantained their military structure intact are the Alpha Legion, the Iron Warriors and the Word Bearers. The legions that have not a standard military structure but are still a somehow cohesive force are the Black Legion (former Sons of Horus), the Death Guard and the Thousand Sons.

The remaining legions (Night Lords, Emperor's Children and World Eaters) are formed by a myriad of warbands of different sizes with neglegible centralized military control.

The Emperor's Children were "broken" as a Legion long before the events on Skalathrax: their patron deity and their possessed Primarch are not know for enforcing a strict control over the chain of command. They broke down in disorganized marauding warbands during the Siege of the Emperor's Palace on Terra.

Koryphaus
14-09-2008, 11:36
I see. Cheers for clearing that up!

pookie
14-09-2008, 16:13
The Emperor's Children were "broken" as a Legion long before the events on Skalathrax: their patron deity and their possessed Primarch are not know for enforcing a strict control over the chain of command. They broke down in disorganized marauding warbands during the Siege of the Emperor's Palace on Terra.

although it must be said that they didnt take that much part in the actual Siege, they spent most of there time on Terra slaughtering the civilian population, killing millions ( as well as other carnal acts that would please the prince of pleasure ).

Chaplain Muller
14-09-2008, 22:59
And destroying various areas of the Imperial Palace.

Titan Wolfe
14-09-2008, 23:06
It's now all warband ,warband ,warband for both legions in gaming terms . EC however got a great data sheet for Apocalypse that says sonics all the way .So any old models shelved .......get them out and get cracking again.

Chaplain Muller
14-09-2008, 23:12
I'll have to do that. Haven't played with my Noise Marines in quite a while.