PDA

View Full Version : The Brothers Grimm (2000)

Shamfrit
14-09-2008, 12:09
In the dawning of the Colleges of Magic, the home of arcana in the Empire's War Stricken Midst, two brothers enrolled and began to learn the dual arts of Fire, and Nature. They swiftly rose to power and prominence within the Towers, but there greed, driven by sibling rivalry outstretched their throngs of power, and they grew forever frustrated with the restrictions their mortal minds, and the laws of the colleges placed on them. As time progressed, they prayed to someone, somewhere to be allowed to learn more than simple cantrips and to learn wider arts of the arcane. Somebody answered...and that 'saviour,' oh dark and sickly and manifested, was Tzeentch.

Now the Brothers ride the Winds of Magic, learning things beyond mortal comprehension, thinking themselves masters of sorcery, when all they truly are...are pawns of Fate, of the Thread Spinner himself...

---

This army theme or idea is centred around two Empire Wizard conversions (with flaming heads and the like) and hopes to achieve a balance between Khorne (Wrath and Anger at the constraints of the Empire) with Tzeentch (increased understanding and power at the cost of one's free will.)

---

Herald of Khorne, Battle Standard Bearer.
Juggernaut, Armour of Khorne.
Great Standard of Sundering.

The Blue Scribes
(Which will be a converted base full of the old 'Famous Familiar' models, supposed to be the homonculi of the Brothers.)

Tibor, The Flame Kin
Herald of Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery, Flames of Tzeentch.

Lumia, The Earth Kin
Herald fo Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery, Spellbreaker.

(They will be built from Wood Elf pieces (for Lumia) and the Empire Wizard Sprue and the like, both daemonic ascended looking, with a mortal twist...mainly derived from not wanting a Horror as my general...)

---

10 Pink Horrors

10 Pink Horrors

(Dispel Dice Base and two extra magic missiles a turn adds to what is essentially a 6 Power Dice Daemon army, offers cheap deployment choices alongside the Chaos Furies.)

16 Bloodletters
Musician, Standard, Bloodreaper.

16 Bloodletters
Musician, Standard.

(With the Greater Daemon drop allowing me more points, I decided to take two large units of Bloodletters, deployed 6X3 most likely, for maximum frontage and offense. The Bloodreaper unit will house the Herald, and will usually deploy 5X3, with the Juggernaut displacing models to form 5X4.)

5 Chaos Furies

5 Chaos Furies

(They are the ultimate disposable War Machine Hunting Screens and Re-directors, especially in a Daemon list, and they're cheap to draw out deployment choices from the enemy as well!)

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

5 Flamers of Tzeentch
Pyrocaster

(The very hard hitting core of my army, Flesh Hounds need no introduction so I had to include them - I may model additional flames/rocks on them, to represent one unit being the guardians of each Brother. The Flamer unit is to House Tibor, giving the unit 6 flamers, a 4+ ward and extra missile fire from Tibor's Lore of Fire.)

---

So that's the idea and the list, it's not overly magic to begin with, and aims to punish other armies for their magic levels. It will work very well against Vampire Counts, as you can let Invocation of Nehek through multiple times to power a revenge magic phase that should easily blow away their raised units if not more - all six Lore of Fire spells at your disposal and a good 12-14 dice from the average VC army - it also has enough magic defence and offence to deal with non magic armies, or combat units to smash through Dwarves...or try to anyway. Comments more than welcome :D

Makarion
14-09-2008, 14:20
How do you plan to fight an army that has a scroll caddy alone? Say, a high elf dragon army, or any dwarven force.

Shamfrit
14-09-2008, 14:28
I am fortunate enough to not be in a gaming group that plays a Dragon Army - against Dwarves however, I've not invested that much in Magic for it to be of huge detriment to my army list, or so I feel.

I've Hounds, Flamers and two relatively large units of Bloodletters to do a combined charge smash of anything nasty - my only concerns here are from Thunderers, (which I have Lore of Life for) and his warmachines will be blunted by Ward Saves and the lack of Large Targets.

That's all relative of course.

I've never ever beaten Dwarves - with any list :wtf: