PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point chaos undevided

Grey-Knight
24-04-2005, 22:52
hey, new to the new forum but not to CHAOS >_< all hail :D

anywhoo im goin to a tourney next month and i need advice on this list... alright wicked

chaos lord, armor of damnation, enchanted shield, GoTG, sword of might

sorcerer, lvl 2, 2x dispell scrolls

16x chaos warriors, MoCU, hand weapon, shield, full command

16x chaos warriors, MoCU, hand weapon, shield, full command

20x Chaos marauders, shield, light armor, hand weapon, full command

20x Chaos marauders, shield, light armor, flail, full command

10x Chaos marauders, great weapon

5x chosen knights, full command, MoCU, war banner

5x Chaos knights, full command, MoK

5x warhounds

5x warhounds

taer
24-04-2005, 23:17
Looks lovely to me, except you don't have any real defense against war machines. Or at least no fast way to take them out. You are also missing march blockers.

May I suggest a small unit of furies (5 for 75 points) to fulfill both roles nicely?

Grey-Knight
25-04-2005, 00:00
thxx for the advice, im a few points under so ill drop the 10x marauders for the furies

arxhon
25-04-2005, 01:18
I always forget how many more models you can put into an Undivided as compared to a Tzreentch one. :eek:

the_night_reaper
26-04-2005, 21:15
I don't really like chaos lords. I prefer taking 2 exalted champion they're cheaperbut you get more attacks more wounds, just as many magic weapon points and they can be in 2 places at once. Also consider dropping the shields on one of the marauder uits and one warrior unit to give that unit halberds(S5 rocks)

MarcoPollo
03-05-2005, 23:36
Looks pretty good.

It is highly troop heavy. But perhaps some beastmen to help screen the expensive troops.

10 beasts for 55pts. (5 gor and 5 ungor)

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 19:33
It's illegal to take two types of magic armour (armour of damnation and enchanted shield) on the same character.

Also...yeah, consider some beast herds. You have no skirmishers at all, and a smart enemy would be able to outmanuever you due to that. And the beast herds, while being nice and manueverable skirmishers, are also fodder-cheap screeners for your elite infantry blocks.

But the furies you are taking can also take on this role, so you might be able to get by with them.

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 19:40
One other thing: you should perhaps consider the helm of many eyes, especially if your lord is on foot with the infantry (and therefore slow and much more likely to be taking a charge rather than delivering it). With the MoCU he can reroll the stupidity test, and always striking first for only 25 points (and being able to combine it with a good magic weapon) he can probably crush charging enemies before they can even attack.

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 19:41
Not, it is not illegal to take the Enchanted Shield together with another magical armour, as long as the other magical armour is not a magical shield as well.

I would advice you to get either Furies, Screamers or Mounted Daemonettes to deal with Warmachines.

And, I would drop your Sorceror completely and get a lvl 1 Bray Shaman as a Scroll Caddy instead.

Of course, none of these tips works if you are playing an Archaons Horde list, in which case, I would advice you to invest in upgrading your normal knights to Chosen and to get a unit of Flayerkin.

You could find the points for these by dropping your Lord to an Exalted Champion and drop the unit of 10 Marauders, you might even have enough points to get a unit of Marauder Horsemen as well.

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 19:43
I don't have my rulebook here with me, but I am almost positive it says you can never take more than one item from a single category for the same character. I.E., a warrior could never take two magic weapons. Further, I am almost positive it specifically says you can never use magic armour and a magic shield together. Really really almost positive.

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 19:46
Actually I'll just quote myself from a past thread where this exact same issue came up:

"page 153 - If a character wears magical armour, he cannot also wear ordinary armour and, needless to say, he can only wear one set of armour. Magical shields are also counted as magical armour, so you cannot have a suit of magical armour and carry a magical shield unless specifically stated in the description of the magic item."

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 20:11
unless specifically stated in the description of the magic item."

Read the section where it describes the Enchanted Shield.

I am pretty certain that is sais it can be taken "in addition to other magical or mundane armour"

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 20:20
Hm. OK, I'll check it out when I get home to my rulebook. I'll also check out whether or not anyone can ever take two of the same type of magic item.

Neknoh
04-05-2005, 20:30
You cannot take two of the same thing, that is correct, but the Enchanted Shield has special rules, just as some Bretonnian Armours such as the Helmt of blabla and the Quirass of blahablaha

Selsaral
04-05-2005, 20:42
Sounds like this enchanted shield is breaking an awful lot of rules for being a one-line common magic item, but as I said, I guess I need to look at the rulebook. My chaos rulebook which includes the enchanted shield sure as hell doesn't say it breaks all these other rules.

Neknoh
05-05-2005, 06:28
This can be combined with other magical or mundane armour

There, page 154 of the BrB describes the shield.

It clearly says that it can be combined with magical armour

Selsaral
05-05-2005, 13:21
Yeah damn I don't have my rulebook at home.

You certainly found a relevant quote, but I am still worried about the rule about not being able to take two types of equipment from the same category. That still applies, right?

Riddy
05-05-2005, 13:34
Yeah damn I don't have my rulebook at home.

You certainly found a relevant quote, but I am still worried about the rule about not being able to take two types of equipment from the same category. That still applies, right?

Yes it does, you can't take 2 magic weapons, 2 enchanted items, 2 talismans, 2 arcane items (Dont even mention Scrolls or stones) or 2 magic armours UNLESS the armour states that it can be combined with other types of magic armour, like the enchanted shield and several bretonnian items.

There, now stop being pedantic and believe the several posters that have told you the exact same thing i have.

Selsaral
05-05-2005, 13:44
Chill man. Just trying to figure out the rules. Your diapers particularly soggy today or something?

Major Defense
05-05-2005, 18:00
Soggy Diapers is a talisman, not magic armor, so you can take it along with an Enchanted Shield and another piece of magic armor.

The Judge
05-05-2005, 18:22
You sure he has the points for that?
Or can the Diapers be taken in addition to the 100pts allowance?

Riddy
05-05-2005, 18:24
Soggy Diapers is a talisman, not magic armor, so you can take it along with an Enchanted Shield and another piece of magic armor.

Exactly, my current weapon oufit includes Armour of Ultimate Sarcasm along with the already mentioned items.

@Selsaral
Also note that even though posters had quoted rules you continued to disbelieve and post once every 2 posts. I was merely pointing out that fact, i was not here to insult anyone. Before you ask, yes i did get up on the wrong side of bed.

I would also like to make it known that all spelling mistakes, incorrect punctuation and inaccurate phrasing in the above post is due to that fact that i am not in a thinking mood today.

Oguleth
07-05-2005, 22:54
Just has to back up the idea of taking march blockers/anti-shooting stuff. Furies/Screamers/beast herds is needed. Taking out the lord and replacing him with exalted champions would also be a good idea.

Removing a warrior unit to take more supporting stuff, like the anti-shooting stuff would perhaps be a good idea.

The Judge
29-07-2005, 11:56
Screamers, although it may be an Undivded army, are the best unit for almost everything. When I first saw them I was worried about the points, but now I never leave without them - 100% guarenteed to get the pts back.

Unless you play Ogres.

fubukii
29-07-2005, 18:35
Lord type melee character without a ward save is a nono.