PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn General

Chain
14-09-2008, 16:57
Was wondering how this one works.

Exsample would be a Death Hag General with a COB since all Khainites become Stubborn within 12' and everyone within 12 of her can use her LD.

So if a none stubborn unit is within they simply have a modified ld 9 right?
But what about Khainites that are stubborn ld 8 can't they use there Generals Stubborn ld 9 if they're within 12?

Lord of Skulls
14-09-2008, 17:03
I've been wondering the same thing, concerning Chaos units and The Banner of the Gods...

I've been unable to find anything in the rulebook, and the only answer I found when searching seemed to be "we don't know".

Shamfrit
14-09-2008, 17:31
No, you have two choices here:

1. Use the Stubborn LD. 8.

2. Use a modifiable LD 9 from the General. Stubborn is only conferred to the user's own stats, is does not pass onto other units using the General's Leadership rule.

Another example would be a Noble or Highborn in a unit of Eternal Guard. They either use there own leadership with Stubborn, OR the modifiable Noble's, where you're not suffering modifiers for example.

The Red Scourge
14-09-2008, 19:58
Shamfrit is absolutely right on this.

The generals bubble only confers the Ld stat. Stubborn is an ability beyond this.

The only time a unit can benefit from a generals stubbornness is if he has joined the unit.

Oenghus
14-09-2008, 20:10
I think of Stubborn like a leadership "floor" for the stubborn unit. You can use higher leadership, if available, and your leadership can never be lowered to be below the floor (ie: your unit's base, stubborn, leadership). You can't, however, mix and match the two at your own discretion.

T10
16-09-2008, 09:09
But what about Khainites that are stubborn ld 8 can't they use there Generals Stubborn ld 9 if they're within 12?

You either use the unmodified Leadership of the stubborn unit or the modified Leadership of the General, which-ever is better.

Example: A Stubborn unit with Ld 7 is within range of a Stubborn General with Ld 10. The unit has lost combat by 4 points. They would test on Ld 7 (their own Ld) rather than Ld 6 (the General's Ld modified by -4).

The fact that the General is also Stubborn is of no consequence in this situation.

-T10