PDA

View Full Version : 2 Versions of a DE list using the Cauldron

PARTYCHICORITA
14-09-2008, 18:17
Hi all. I've been testing a list using the Cauldron of Blood and themed around Khainaite units. The first list is the one i've been using (i have 2 losses and 2 wins all 4 vs VC) the second one is an alternative i am still not sure if could be worth trying:

List number 1:

-Death Hag (General); Cauldron of blood
-Death Hag (Battle standard bearer, joins the executioners); Banner of Hag Graef, Touch of death.
-Sorceress; level 2, 2 dispel scrolls (joins the corsaris unless she can go solo.
-Assasin (Hidden with the witch elves); Touch of death, rune of Khaine, Black lotus

-10 Crossbow men
-10 Crossbow men
-10 Corsairs with handbows
-5 Harpies
-5 Harpies

-18 Executioners with full command (6x3 formation)
-18 Witch elves with full command (6x3 formation); Banner of murder, Hag has Rune of Khaine

-War Hidra
-War Hidra

1997pts

The alternative is List number 2; which swaps one hidra for some CoK (mostly for the ring) and corsairs for warriors in order to get some extra points. Also the BSB loses poison attacks to try to get more KB's:

-Death Hag (Battle standard bearer, joins the executioners); Banner of Hag Graef, Touch of death, Black lotus.
-Sorceress; level 2, 2 dispel scrolls (joins the corsaris unless she can go solo.
-Assasin (Hidden with the witch elves); Touch of death, rune of Khaine, Black lotus

-10 Crossbow men with shields
-10 warrirors with shields and a musician
-5 Harpies
-5 Harpies

-17 Executioners with full command (6x3 formation)
-18 Witch elves with full command (6x3 formation); Banner of murder, Hag has Rune of Khaine
-5 Cold one Knights with a Champion with Ring of Hotek

-War Hidra

1999pts

Violadudester
16-09-2008, 05:40
I like list 2 a lot except for the CoK's. If you're going to take them I highly recommend you take the Banner of Cold Blood to ensure that crucial charge you'd want goes off without a hitch from a bad stupidity roll (I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law). You could get the points for the standard bearer upgrade and item by dropping the level on the sorceress. If not drop the CoK's for another Hydra, you'll be ok with 3 dice and a caddy for a bit.

PARTYCHICORITA
17-09-2008, 04:11
Thanks.
The +1CR from the standar is also nice so i will do the level2 for banner of Cold blood swap. The list is then 1995pts but i guess there is nothing i can do with those last 5. I don't wanna drop the COK because i feel i am gonna need the Ring of Hotek.

-Death Hag (Battle standard bearer, joins the executioners); Banner of Hag Graef, Touch of death, Black lotus.
-Sorceress; level 1, 2 dispel scrolls (joins the corsaris unless she can go solo.

-10 warrirors with shields and a musician
-5 Harpies
-5 Harpies

-17 Executioners with full command (6x3 formation)
-5 Cold one Knights with a Champion with Ring of Hotek and a standard bearer with the Banner of cold blood

-War Hidra

1995pts