PDA

View Full Version : One sprue to rule them all?

Ward.
16-09-2008, 08:47
Well more like a few to rule many, but a thought occurred to me yesterday and I thought I'd get warseers opinion on it.
Mods: I put it here because it concerned fantasy specifically but if general makes more sense could you please move it, thanks.

While trimming some clanrat tails it occurred to me that the clanrats and night runners are remarkably similar and with the simple addition of throwing weapon arms and more heads they could be using one box to service three unit choices.

This would also work for other races, such as DE warriors, high elf spearmen and eternal guard all being modeled off a generic pose with a few sprues of options to to add racial flavour.
Or dwarfs warriors with a sprue of blunderbusses, tusks and hooves... :angel:

So whats your opinion, even though it's all theoretical?

Condottiere
16-09-2008, 13:55
Actually, I'm in favour of this idea, sinceI believe it has the potential to create a wide variety of human-based regiments beyond those of Bretonnians and Empire.

Braad
16-09-2008, 14:01
Well... I think that within a race it is a nice idea, to extend the amount of possibilities. But isn't this already done for dwarves and empire?

Between races, like one box for High and Dark elves, I don't think it will do any good for variety.

destroyerlord
17-09-2008, 11:15
I doubt this would work between races, since GW works hard to ensure that each race has its own visual style. As for multiple units in one box though, GW has been doing that for a long time. Consider empire artillery pieces, Bretonian knights, dwarven crossbow/handgunners etc.