PDA

View Full Version : Question About DoW

antin3
16-09-2008, 19:01
I am thinking about getting back into fantasy and DoW have always been in the back of my mind. But are they still supported? I doubt I will be playing in any tournaments or the like but for use at my LGS. Is the army list still available or has GW just let them go?

Braad
16-09-2008, 21:36
There should be an online list that you can use. I don't know about the new GW site, but its still on the uk site...
You can still buy the models, so it would be silly if they are not usable.

Kidjal
17-09-2008, 09:36
As Braad says, the UK website still has a downloadable PDF Dogs of war list. There is a seperate list for regiments of reknown. The official line, (stated on the website,) is to remove the dogs of war entry in the rare slots of all new army books, until such a time as the slate is clean for possible development of a new stand alone book.

The miniatures are still available on the website, pikemen, crossbows etc - alot of the regiments of reknown are in the classics and collectors range.

Did play against dogs of war the other day and I will say that they act alot like empire without the coherancy given by detachments and core strong units like knights. Pikemen are strong if charged by cavalry, but if you are forced on to the offensive with them they're not so good. Basically suffers for being an interim list with no real army selection, just basic units.

Condottiere
17-09-2008, 15:58
Fluff-wise, having a bunch of mercenaries making up an army is not usually a recipe for success, especially when faced by a determined, disciplined force. DoW should have a special rule that, like Dwarven Runes, units may not be cloned and must in some way be unique.