PDA

View Full Version : DE dragon question PLZ HELP

Zachary
16-09-2008, 23:11
Ok i have a dreadlord with pendant of kealeth, armor of the everliving(or soething like that) that confers a 1+ save and heartseeker, mounted on a dragon. Is this enough to beat an orc and a goblin lvl 4 shamans. The problem is that one of them is equiped with a collar that makes it so that my dragon can only hit on 6s. Will my dragon be able to survive to kill the second sorceros in the next turn? and if a spell doesnt say u need visibility, its just blanc does it mean that you do or u dont?

theunwantedbeing
16-09-2008, 23:16
Erm?

The Dreadlord on top should easily kill any orc he fights if he has a lance, or the crimson death. The heartseeker is a bit pointless in most cases as he's only st4.
The collar is less useful vs the DE dragon as the dragon get's hatred(from the rider), so 2 attempts to hit on 6's with his 5 attacks (so upto 5-10 attacks basically).

Might be an idea to give him a nullstone to get magic resistance(2) or even magic resistance(3) to make it difficult to harm him with magic.

With a dragon you should really be looking towards getting flank or even rear charges, rather that hitting an opponent head on unsupported.
Supporting his charge from the front with things like chariots is generally a good idea, as he can then hack apart the poor sod he fights in the inevitable challenge with, while the chariot does the damage to the unit to allow the DE side to win the combat.

Lord Dan
17-09-2008, 04:13
Is your question whether or not a Dreadlord with the Pendant/ AoD combo on a dragon is capable of taking down a Lv. 4 Orc Shaman?

If so, the answer is yes. ;)

Zachary
24-09-2008, 19:39
But is there any equipment that will cause even 1 wound on my lord or dragon? And if there is also a gobbo lvl 4 shaman can he have any dangerous weapons?

Xzazzarai
24-09-2008, 20:29
The collar is less useful vs the DE dragon as the dragon get's hatred(from the rider), so 2 attempts to hit on 6's with his 5 attacks (so upto 5-10 attacks basically).

How does the Dragon get 10 attacks?

Valaraukar
24-09-2008, 21:04
I guess he means chances to roll a 6 and so hit.

they certainly can have nasty equipment, skull wand of kaloth means any hits you must pass a Ld test or die no saves of ANY kind allowed and lots of other nasty sneaky orc and goblin items, but if you're charging you ought to kill them before they get a chance.

soultaker87
24-09-2008, 21:30
WHAT!!! a lord on a dragon afraid of an Orc great shaman in combat. jking, you have nothing to fear the only thing we could do is hit u with spells from a distance. also the skull wand may work but it only works if you fail a leadership roll, but with only one attack ( or is it two) he won't get the chance. you will tear him apart. the collar won't matter with hatred, though if he has the Bag pipes ( all monsters ridden or unridden cant remember all must take panic checks) but with a lord on him he should pass the test so don't worry ;)

devolutionary
24-09-2008, 22:32
How does the Dragon get 10 attacks?

It should say 5-10 attack ROLLS, though it is not capable of more than 5 hits. It was a simplification of Hatred ;)

Braad
25-09-2008, 05:52
If he puts the orc on a wyvern, makes it a savage orc with the skull wand and the kickin' boots and attacks you first, than that could be three leadership tests you could be facing. Fail one and you die. If he also manages to cast a few spells, it could get scary, maybe, especially combined with the warpaint that gives him extra power dice when in CC.
But I think this is quite a rare tactic...

I wouldn't be afraid. It would rather be a nice kill, that will surely swing the balance in your favour. If you attack him first, there is little risk. We orc&goblin players don't have stuff like the swapping mirror of the empire (what was it? van horstmans pendulum?).

Valaraukar
25-09-2008, 07:39
Yeah but you could nick his armour and ward save and then cancel out his ward save for him which would be pretty hilarious!

Braad
25-09-2008, 12:15
If you cancel out the ward save, doesn't that mean you also cancel out your own, since there is nothing left to steal.

If you're going that direction, take an orc great shaman, give hime the bloodaxe (so he gets frenzy with D6 attacks) and let him run around with the armour stealing thing. If you got points left, add the magic paint or the kickin' boots.
I'm just not sure how expensive the armour stealing thing is. Can't even remember the name right now.... Darn that!

Valaraukar
25-09-2008, 12:42
Nope the wording specifically states that models in B2B may not take ward saves not that they no longer have it so you can nick it and use it (not being in B2B with yourself after all) and they can't which is hilarious with that disgusting DE build.