PDA

View Full Version : 2k DE list, COB, no magic

gorenut
17-09-2008, 00:29
Here is my list. I'm not too concerned with magic because most my opponents in my group take minimal magic (Wood Elves with no spells, Khorne Daemon, Dwarfs, Chaos mortals that are combat oriented). My original list did contain things such as Null Talisman and Ring or Hoeth, but I decided to take them out and get enough points for some Ironguts. I guess the plan is to use Black Guards as an anchor point, the core protects the anchor, and everything else is a lot of shock value in different areas at once.

PS: Does CoB work on DoW?

Dreadlord
-Armor of Eternal Ser., Pendent of Khaeleth, Potion of Strength
-Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance
-Goes into Black Guards

Death Hag
-Cauldron of Blood

Master
-Seal of Ghrond
-Cold One Chariot, Sea Dragon Cloak, Halberd, BSB

Assassin
-Rending Stars, Manbane, Addition HW
-Goes with Shades

10 Corsairs

10 Xbowmen

5 Dark Riders

14 Black Guards
-Banner of Hag Graef, Champ with Soulrender

12 Executioners

5 Cold One Knights

7 Shades
-Great Weapons

Hydra

3 Ironguts

Chain
17-09-2008, 01:04
anything shielding your BG or Executioners from Shooting?

Lord Dan
17-09-2008, 01:57
"Pick a single friendly unit within 24" of the cauldron." And nothing else about who is a valid target. So yes, it works on DoW.

gorenut
17-09-2008, 02:04
anything shielding your BG or Executioners from Shooting?

I was thinking of using Corsairs and crossbowmen for that job. Dark Riders when needed. Though I figured with so many juicy targets in the form of Hydra, Cold One Knights, Ironguts, Chariots, and Shades... they might ignore those first.

Conotor
17-09-2008, 02:18
U really only need 8 executioners. They are useless after round 1, so you shouldn't waist points on back up troops.

gorenut
17-09-2008, 02:24
U really only need 8 executioners. They are useless after round 1, so you shouldn't waist points on back up troops.

Good point. Originally my thinking behind them was that the CoB would help them a lot if needed.. but I guess there are better units to use it on per phase. By taking out more Execs.. i suppose I could use the extra points to put xbows on my dark riders and possibly a musician.

On the other hand.. I can try to cut more fat around the army to try to squeeze out another assassin.

PARTYCHICORITA
17-09-2008, 03:18
I don't like the BSB on the chariot, to tasty for the enemy and to slow (since chariots can't march) for flanking. I would keep the chariot and make the hero go with the BG.

I also dont feel u need the potion and IMO shooting is not something assasin should do; they can but it's not their place.

Other than that it's a nice list but: Can DE take mercenaries? They don't have the entry in the book.

Lord Dan
17-09-2008, 04:08

Unless your opponents do something crazy and unheard of, like take shooting or basic ranged magic. :rolleyes:

Little Aaad
17-09-2008, 16:48
Ogres can be taken, its in the Ogre book, however IDK about other DOW.