PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Dwarfs

MrPickles
17-09-2008, 01:20
Alright, I have redone my dwarf list. The only thing I don't like about it is the 500+ points spent on artillery, as I am not sure I will get the points back. Tell me what you think.

Lords
Runelord---318 Points
Shield
Anvil of Doom

Heroes
Master Engineer---70 Points

Thane---110 Points
Battle Standard Bearer
Rune of Cleaving

Core
Thunderers---150 Points
10x Thunderers
Shields

Thunderers---150 Points
10x Thunderers
Shields

Dwarf Warriors---186 Points
19x Warriors
Shields
Standard Bearer
Musician

Dwarf Warriors---186 Points
19x Warriors
Shields
Standard Bearer
Musician

Special
Miners---120 Points
10x Miners
Standard Bearer

Hammerers---180 Points
14x Hammerers
Shields
Standard Bearer
Musician

Cannon---125 Points
Rune of Forging

Bolt Thrower---85 Points
Engineer
Run of Penetration

Bolt Thrower---60 Points
Engineer

Rare
Gyrocopter---140 Points

Organ Gun---120 Points

bork da basher
17-09-2008, 08:51
you have too many miners in the unit. personnally i think 8-10 run without command works best, even with the anvil propelling it about i reckon smaller units are better. id use the points to turn one of the warrior units into either longbeards or ironbreakers and i wouldnt bother with the engineer on the grudge thrower. i reckon a thrain BSB would be a lot better because when combat is joined your banking on 2 units of warriors to hold out. upgrade one unit to a tougher infantry and get the BSB and your line is alot steadier.

give the rune of penetration to a bolt thrower for instant chariot/warmachine death, the grudge doesnt need it.

rune of forging on the cannon is a bit overkill with a ME in there.

lcfr
18-09-2008, 01:23
I think one Gyrocopter will do the trick, you can probably swap the other for a Flame Cannon or Organ Gun.

Less miners would be good too, 8 will get the job done w/out any command.

Give the RPen to at least one of the Bolt Throwers, and lose the Grudge Thrower altogether for one of the following: 1. another cannon 2. two more BTs or 3. Small unit of Rangers to help marchblock.

I would also drop one of the MEs and w/the points saved from dropping half the miners unit buy a unit of Quarrelers w/shields.

MrPickles
20-09-2008, 20:21
Alright, I got rid of one master engineer and improved some of the other things in this list. Although the organ gun is attractive, I think the added mobility of the second gyrocopter is even better. Not having an organ gun also gives me only 4 war machines, which allows me to deploy more evenly.

Bran Dawri
22-09-2008, 06:51
Well, your initial misgivings were correct; there's too much artillery in the list - what combat units of your opponent do make it through to your lines will eat you alive.

Also, a couple of things right off the bat:
Get rid of the miner's standard - there's not enough of them to battle with static CR, so the banner is giving away VP if (when) your opponent kills them.

2 Gyrocopters is overkill; while they're excellent marchblockers, they're too expensive to take 2.
I'm not a fan of 90-point bolt throwers eithers. The good thing about BTs is that they're cheap. Drop the runes and maybe the engineers on both of them (you might leave a rune of burning if you routinely fight regenerating or flammable targets).
Assuming you do not routinely fight either, drop the rune of burning on your cannon.

I would probably drop either the stone thrower or the cannon as well, but that's up to you.
With the points saved (roughly 330), get yourself a combat character (a reasonably cheap thane'll -perhaps as BSB do) and points permitting an elite unit or a bunch of slayers.

Mullitron
22-09-2008, 12:02
Even tho you have good shooting to weaken your opponents units id be worried that your warrior units wont be able to stand against a combined charge from your opponents big close combat hitters. There a strong core choice no mistake however i feel your lacking anything thats really hard hitting.

MrPickles
25-09-2008, 03:40
Alright, I took in some of your advice and updated my list. Tell me what you think now.

MrPickles
25-09-2008, 21:02
Hmmmm....I'm guessing it's better now?

bork da basher
26-09-2008, 21:04
it looks alright to me. the only thing im unsure of is the usefulness of the anvil but play it as is and look it afterwards the list is pretty good now.

MrPickles
27-09-2008, 21:26
Any other comments on the new list? I think the hammerers make the list that much better, espicially with the standard bearer in the unit. Rerollable stubborn leadership 9 sounds great.

Bran Dawri
29-09-2008, 08:46
Looks good now. A little too much shooting for my own personal taste, but that's entirely up to you.