PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Need help - Plese VC

Akuma
10-11-2005, 17:06
We are Going to have a 1500 pts tourney - only 5 lvls of magic so I CAN"T TAKE ANY MORE MAGE OR BOUND SPELL. With this in mind help me fill the missing 140 pts - i wanted to add a fighty charr and i'm pretty sure about the rest - help me plese :D

Necromancer 125 Pts
General; Magic Level 2; Necromancy
Dispel Scroll

1 Necromancer 140 Pts
Magic Level 2; Necromancy
Staff of Damnation

5 Dire Wolves 50 Pts

5 Dire Wolves 50 Pts

9 Ghouls 72 Pts

19 Skeleton Warriors 191 Pts
Spear; Shield; Standard; Skeleton Captain

19 Zombies 124 Pts
Standard

4 Fell Bats 80 Pts

7 Black Knights 207 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Hell Knight

2 Spirit Hosts 130 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 91

Total Army Cost: 1360

Tormentor of Slaanesh
10-11-2005, 17:16
I like it. Nice and solid with flankers and wights.
For a fighty character I'd take a strigoi thrall or a sword of kings weilding wight lord and add the banner of the barrows to the knights.

gorenut
10-11-2005, 17:38
Me, personally.. would never take zombies from the start unless playing AoS. I generally raise them in the game as destractions. The skeletons, I don't take spears either.. I stick with the HW+LA+Shield combo.

Definitely add a fighty character.

Akuma
10-11-2005, 17:47
I take spears because of the staff - 11 re rolable attacks could help me with those immune to fear enemis - but what fighty char would you recomend - im concidering Blood Dragon on nightmare to add to my knights unit would that be ok ?? With lance +1 a and ench shild ??

Festus
10-11-2005, 20:06
Hi

may I refer you to this thread
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6551
about the general idea of posting army lists and to this sub-forum
http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37
to re-post your list maybe?

I think you will get more feedback this way by the boys and girls who are into army list critique.

This said, the list seems very decent, although I would also advise on dropping the Zombies for summoning purposes later and use the points spend on a banshee and musicians for your skellies (You know you want to have the chance of winning fights on a draw. Really!)

Maybe you can even scratch up a few points for a Bat Swarm. As a flying, fear-causing, and skirmishing tar-pit unit, I think them ideal. Especially as they can pin down any unit for a turn unitl your Zombies are summoned...

Gretings
Festus

Count North
25-11-2005, 06:49
We are Going to have a 1500 pts tourney - only 5 lvls of magic so I CAN"T TAKE ANY MORE MAGE OR BOUND SPELL. With this in mind help me fill the missing 140 pts - i wanted to add a fighty charr and i'm pretty sure about the rest - help me plese :D

Necromancer 125 Pts
General; Magic Level 2; Necromancy
Dispel Scroll

If you can't afford anything better, this does fine.

1 Necromancer 140 Pts
Magic Level 2; Necromancy
Staff of Damnation

Ive never liked the Staff myself. I would much rather take the BoA and another dispell scroll.

5 Dire Wolves 50 Pts

Good.

5 Dire Wolves 50 Pts

Good.

9 Ghouls 72 Pts

Love the Ghouls.

A waste of Skeletons to be honest. I would trade 5 crappy attacks for +4as in a heart beat. You don't need these guys to win combat resolution with anything but ranks/standard and maybe outnumber, because they won't.

Ditto

19 Zombies 124 Pts
Standard

These are fine. But I would think about either dropping them or boosting the numbers to 25 so you have a real tarpit.

4 Fell Bats 80 Pts

Hit and miss. Do you expect lots of war machines in 1500, unless your facing a dwarf player you should be fine with the wolfs.

7 Black Knights 207 Pts
Barding; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Hell Knight

I would drop the number to 5. Drop the hell knight think about dropping the standard aswell. These guys will not be winning combat on there own, no point in trying to make them. Instead aim for the flank, or use them as great, cheap bait. Either way you don't really need the standard and Hell knight, or more then 5.

2 Spirit Hosts 130 Pts

Good.

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 91

Total Army Cost: 1360

As for a fighting character. I like running a Blood Dragon Thrall with Cursed Book, Heavy armour and X-weapon in a unit of Shield/LA Skeletons.