PDA

View Full Version : Orks- what's plastic?

RFT
17-09-2008, 15:21
Having decided, along with lots of others, no doubt, to start an Ork army after the launch of Black Reach, I was wondering about minature range- particularly what's in plastic and what's not...

My understanding is:

Plastic:
Boyz
Lootaz/Burnaz
Trukk
Warbikes

Metal:
Characters
Nobz (coming soon in plastic)
Tankbustas
Grots (coming soon in plastic)
Dread
Kan

Is that right?, and I;m really not sure about...

Warbuggy
Wartrak
Scorcha

Kronos
17-09-2008, 16:29
warbuggy and wartrakk are plastic, the skorcha is plastic and metal iirc, not sure which components are metal though i think it's just the actual skorchas turret and tank, as well as the grot. either way i would convert any of those three from the new wartrukk.

Also all the orks in aobr are plastic if your just looking for plastic orks (and especially deffkoptas).

==Me==
17-09-2008, 17:40
Plastic:
Boyz
Lootaz/Burnaz
Trukk
Warbikes

This is all you need, and you can even take Lootas/Burnas off the list. Everything in the Ork Codex can be converted from basic plastic boyz, random bits, and good old Orky ingenuity. Same goes for vehicles, you can (and should since Dreads/Kans are too expensive and fiddly and Buggies/Skorchas have ancient models) scratchbuild or convert them from anything.

Majestic0110
17-09-2008, 17:48
Oooh Kronos you have presented a dilemna for me now lol just got 2nd trukk today but am now weighing up whether to convert it into a buggy lol. Trukk Vs buggy hmmmm........Think that ork armies reall need a couple of trukks so I might leave it at that, not sure though!

maelstrom66669
17-09-2008, 19:30
Orks are a great choice, and you cant go wrong with converting them, no matter how it turns out, paint it red and itll look right for them.

Inquis. Jaeger
18-09-2008, 10:23
Stormboyz are hybrid metal parts with plastic legs/arms/heads. Rumour is that they'll be getting a plastic set in the new year. Ditto that for the battlewagon

Majestic0110
18-09-2008, 10:47
Yeah I know what you mean maelstrom66669 in the end I decided to go with a heavily converted battlewagon which has parts from a space marine rhino added to it. Mainly the cockpit where the driver sits is concealed (saves me having to paint him lol). It looks pretty good I think!