PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings incantation of Righteous smiting and DoE

Erebion
17-09-2008, 15:01
Quick question,

If the Righteous smiting incantation is cast on a unit with a Tomb King, who is using Destroyer of Eternities, can he than use that extra attack to again use his weapons special attack? (hitting everyone in base contact with two hits, ect)

This came up against someone I was playing, and just wanted to make sure its legit, rules wise I don't see a problem (personally), so I didn't mind him using it, but it does seem a little...powerful.

Thanks,
Erebion

theunwantedbeing
17-09-2008, 15:05
Yup, that's exactly the point of the Destroyer of Eternities.

Remember it does cost a lot of points for that weapon.

Bloodknight
17-09-2008, 15:11
IIRC it's even in the TK FAQ that this is legal.

EvC
17-09-2008, 16:12
Indeed- it's very nasty too. Had it unleashed on me my very first tournament about 3 years ago. That was a fun game!

SolarHammer
17-09-2008, 16:53
I don't think it's very nasty at all. Even most bound spells can be used in combat will often do more than 6 S7 hits.

Sure, if you have him up against a character it could be potentially damaging, but I would hesitate to call it "very nasty," especially since it is so easy to stop.

FigureFour
17-09-2008, 18:34
I don't think it's very nasty at all. Even most bound spells can be used in combat will often do more than 6 S7 hits.

Sure, if you have him up against a character it could be potentially damaging, but I would hesitate to call it "very nasty," especially since it is so easy to stop.

You're going to have to explain this . . .
How many bound spells can be used in combat and will often do more then 6 S7 hits? I can't think of one.

And isn't the special ability of the DoE something like an automatic hit on everything in the front rank? Why would that be so nasty against a character when it could just as easily demolish a unit of infantry?

EvC
17-09-2008, 18:46

You'll have to explain that one, I think.

Yes, unsurprisingly, the massive nasty attacks are nastier when done to juicy targets like Knights and characters. It's not nasty when done to Skaven Slaves or Gnoblars. Funny that...

And is it that easy to stop? Well let's say a unit of Skeletons with King charges in. Then he tries to Smite you twice. You'll probably need to burn 3-4 dispel dice to stop it, and you won't even know if he has the Destroyer or not at that point! Do you really want to be stopping the "not nasty" 6 S7 attacks (limited to killing 3 models), when there's also Liche Priests trying to make catapults fire and other units charge..?

Gazak Blacktoof
17-09-2008, 19:58
Its the killing blow that's the real kicker. I've had generals overrun into my king's bodyguard in my opponent's turn and then get their heads chopped off before my close combat phase.

EvC
17-09-2008, 20:45
Yeah killing blow and S7 for chariots is golden; once my team mate "accidentally" let an opponent overrun his Khornate chariot through one unit into the TK's unit. One seemingly inocuous Smiting later ("it's only one attack!") and one dead chariot before it could do impacts...