PDA

View Full Version : VC 2250 Magic

Marshal Torrick
17-09-2008, 23:19
Been considering a few changes to my normal(regen deathstar) list. Here's what I've come up with:

Lord:
Extra magic level
-Master of Dark arts, Forbidden Lore, Lord of Dead
-Skullstaff, Helm of command

Hero Vamp: (goes in skellies with command)
Extra Level, Avatar of death
Hand of Dust

Necro
Knows Danse
Book of Arkhan
Rides Balefire corpsecart

Necro
Knows Danse
Staff of Damnation
Rides Balefire corpsecart

15 Skells Full Cmd
10 Skells (Bunker for Lord)
20 Zombies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

20 Graveguard Full Cmd, Gws, Banner of Barrows

5 wraiths + 1 Banshee
Varghulf

86 models
11 Pd
7 DD (+1 to dispell and 2 Balefire carts)
5 Bound spells

he mounted necros let me hide them if things get hairy. I know the Lord looks a little funny with Lore and Lord, but the Lord is for turns 1-2, then Vanhel's and curse of years mid-game, then back to summoning to take quarters or restock damaged units. Wraiths are just awesome and if kept close to the Lord can turn into a serious chainsaw, and this list has enough mag def to keep them ticking.

What do you think?

Malorian
18-09-2008, 21:22
No protection on the general at all eh? Risky...

And you really aren't that magic heavy, but the list looks like it would be fun to play with so many different elements.

Marshal Torrick
18-09-2008, 22:33
I normally run a Lord with the cadaverous cuirass, crown of stupid in a unit with the regen banner, but I'm playing around with the naked Lord in a bunker to basically gimp myself. Gives the opponent something to work towards(and me something to setup traps when they focus on it :P )

VC Doke
19-09-2008, 02:53
You'll need better casters if you plan on starting with only those as infantry. Drop a necro and boost the starting size of the skeletons.

Put some clothes on your Lord! Drop the helm for 2+ armor save, minimally. You'll want your Lord to fight later, (after all, you're paying for all of his stats), but you won't want him to die.

Marshal Torrick
23-09-2008, 02:01
Tried the list out Friday. The lord's unit got wiped out by a couple of lucky Burning Gazes from some sneaky skink priests. I'm going to reconsider his placement and/or armor in the future....

Also, magic has been generally sufficient for me in the past with these starting numbers. The Necros put out bound spells that the opponent really has to deal with.