PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pts worth of green madness up for rating!

stonetroll
18-09-2008, 14:36
Ok so here is my O&G "all comers" list

1 Black orc warboss @ 251 Pts
Heavy armor, Enchanted shield, Ulag's akrit axe, Warboss Umm's best big boss 'at, Bigged's kickin' boots

1 Black Orc battle standard bearer @ 161 pts
Heavy armor, Shield, Mork's spirit totem

1 Orc shaman @ 145 pts
Level 2, Nibla's 'itty ring, Dispell scroll

1 Night goblin shaman @ 135 pts
Level 2, Sneaky staff of stealin'
_ _ _ _ _

23 Orc boyz @ 168 Pts
Shield, Full command

24 Savage Orc boyz @ 270 Pts
Additional Choppa, Full command

25 Night goblins @ 180 Pts
Full command, Netters, 2* Fanatic

25 Goblins @ 120 pts
Full command, shields

6 Goblin wolf riders @ 84 pts
Spears, musiscian

6 Goblin wolf riders @ 84 pts
Spears, musiscian
_ _ _ _ _

1 Orc chariot @ 80 pts

1 Orc chariot @ 80 pts

2 Goblin spear chuckas @ 70 pts

16 black orcs @ 287 pts
Full command, Shields, War banner
_ _ _ _ _

1 Giant @ 205 pts

3 Stonetrolls @ 180 pts

TOTAL: 2500 pts

Preatty standard tactics with the 2 big orc units in the middle, flanked by the trolls/goblins/black orcs (who deploy 2*8) with chariots, wolf riders and giant protecting flanks. Chuckas go whereever there is LOS.
Warboss joins savage orcs, BSB + orc shaman join Orcs, n-gobbo shaman joins either gobbos or n-gobbos

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Tonedogbf110
18-09-2008, 15:39
Good list. although I would ditch the trolls in favour of a doom diver.

maybe just me, but trolls never seem to do anything but shuffle and be generally useless unless they are close to your BSB at all times.

Also consider running the gobbos as a block of 40 as you dont have any extra fanatics in the second unit. they will be much harder to break and they should make it across the field to deliver their payload with relative ease and still be in good shape for a fight with good rank bonus.

if the gobbos get peppered, then at least your orcs will make it instead.

just my 2c.

My list is very similar to this, except I use Boar boyz instead of B.Orcs, mount my general, and a stone thrower instead of spear chukkas. Also I always use the Doom Diver instead of trolls, its effective from Turn 1 and allows you to spill blood immediately.

Jwolf
18-09-2008, 16:40
Bsb can't have a shield. I would also axe the trolls for either a thrower or doom diver. Buy more gobbos or boz with the savings, as thee are never too many of either.

stonetroll
19-09-2008, 09:56
Good list. although I would ditch the trolls in favour of a doom diver.

maybe just me, but trolls never seem to do anything but shuffle and be generally useless unless they are close to your BSB at all times.

Yes, I might try this, my trolls do indeed suffer from a rediculous amount of uselessness, as they are too slow and stupid to protect my flanks, and too expensive to just be anoying. More boyz is never bad, might try some arrer boyz.

Also consider running the gobbos as a block of 40 as you dont have any extra fanatics in the second unit. they will be much harder to break and they should make it across the field to deliver their payload with relative ease and still be in good shape for a fight with good rank bonus.

Ideally this unit would be night goblins as well, but I dont have the models (yet!). About increasing there size, I'm not sure about this. Whenever I field more then 25 goblins, people tend to ignore them with shooting/magic, causing more damage on the rest of my army (which is generally a bad thing, considering the goblins are still usefull as a 10-man flank charging unit).

My list is very similar to this, except I use Boar boyz instead of B.Orcs, mount my general, and a stone thrower instead of spear chukkas. Also I always use the Doom Diver instead of trolls, its effective from Turn 1 and allows you to spill blood immediately.

I am not too sure on the black orcs, but I just painted up this unit of 16, so I want to try them out. I dont expect too much from them, so they will probably get shafted, considering they are close to 300 pts for only 16 models.

Bsb can't have a shield. I would also axe the trolls for either a thrower or doom diver. Buy more gobbos or boz with the savings, as thee are never too many of either.

Thanks for the notion of the shield!