PDA

View Full Version : Flying units fleeing through enemies question

Cromenon
18-09-2008, 15:35
As the not-at-all short title says, the question is simple (and now with diagram!)

In this case, the flying blue monster flees (due to whatever cause) and moves through an US5+ enemy unit. The BRB says that our blue pal would be destroyed, but since it flies, we could reckon that this precise fleeing movement would be done flying, and thus, the fleeing unit does not move through an enemy unit, but over it, so it is not destroyed at last.

What do you guys think? Destroyed or not?

Shmee
18-09-2008, 16:16
As page 68 of the rulebook says, fleeing flying units can fly over interposing terrain and units, and is only destoryed if they end their movement over impassable terrain or non-fleeing enemies.

Condottiere
18-09-2008, 16:19
Despite not having the BRB with me, it's basically how I remember it.

Ethlorien
18-09-2008, 16:32
I think the only way they would be destroyed is if they were forced to stay grounded - as per this editted diagram of the same situation but in a forest.

Note: The fluffy storm cloud they are fighting on is in fact representative of a forest they are fighting within. But we all understood that anyway, right.

T10
18-09-2008, 17:18
Yes. Flying units that aren't allowed to fly don't fly when they flee.

-T10

Braad
18-09-2008, 18:53
Yes, if they fly, they only die when landing exactly on the enemy.

For example, if your 400 point warboss on wyvern is forced a panic test by some silly one use magic item used by a cheap as hell skink priest, and then flees about as far as he can flee and lands precisely on a unit of saurus, its dead...

Cromenon
18-09-2008, 18:55
Problem solved. Thanks to all :)

Gazak Blacktoof
18-09-2008, 19:36
For example, if your 400 point warboss on wyvern is forced a panic test by some silly one use magic item used by a cheap as hell skink priest, and then flees about as far as he can flee and lands precisely on a unit of saurus, its dead...

Somebody sounds slightly bitter...

Braad
19-09-2008, 06:55
Got me there, Gazak.

But it was also just plain funny, and I still massacred the guy.