PDA

View Full Version : Lord Commander Eidolon

Ascendant Conscience
18-09-2008, 23:11
Would anyone happen to know what equipment Lord Commander Eidolon had before the heresy? I've read Fulgrim, but I can't seem to find much referring to his actual equipment.

I know he has a hammer, which I assume to be a thunder hammer. In particular, does anyone know what kind of armour he wears?

Page references will help :)

AC

ChrisAsmadi
18-09-2008, 23:22
Some form of Power Armour, IIRC. Probably Artificer.

Disciple of Caliban
19-09-2008, 12:44
He wears ornate power armour, thats all the info we get on it, nothing on the specifics (we're not told what Mark it is etc). The description can be found in 'Flight of the Eisenstein' when Garro attends the War Council with Horus. While i cant remember it off hand there is likely a similar description given from Captain Loken at the same meeting in 3rd book of the series (the name escapes me, sorry).

Really if you take any model in artificer armour (the space marine 'masters of the chapter' box includes several nice candidates) equip it with a hammer and paint it in pre heresy Emperors Children colours no one will be able to deny its Eidolen, but really, why would you want to? the guys a mutant!!!

Brother Loki
19-09-2008, 14:00
This is pretty much perfect for Eidolon. Right down to the eagle's wing on the shoulder pauldron:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060101360&orignav=10

Ascendant Conscience
19-09-2008, 19:37
This is pretty much perfect for Eidolon. Right down to the eagle's wing on the shoulder pauldron:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060101360&orignav=10

Ah yes, the master of the fleet. I do like that model and I was considering using it, but I really want a terminator armoured character for my Phoenix Guard terminators. Ah well, it'll just have to be Julius Kaesoron. :evilgrin:

Any further information on anything pre-heresy Emperor's Children would be helpful. :)

AC

Lode
20-09-2008, 11:29
Not to crash any party, but I just want to say that at his rank level, he should have access to pretty much all the armory of his days, and will likely equip himself differently from battle to battle depending on the circumstances, or his mood, or whatever :) Even if he is said to have been seen with a hammer at some point doesn't mean he's married to it :D

Basically, equip him as you want is what I'm saying ;)

Ascendant Conscience
20-09-2008, 21:39
Not to crash any party, but I just want to say that at his rank level, he should have access to pretty much all the armory of his days, and will likely equip himself differently from battle to battle depending on the circumstances, or his mood, or whatever :) Even if he is said to have been seen with a hammer at some point doesn't mean he's married to it :D

Basically, equip him as you want is what I'm saying ;)

Yeah, I know he would probably pick whatever he wants from the armoury, but I want to keep my named characters as close to canon as possible. Annoyingly, there's no description of Eidolon in the Horus Heresy: Collected Visions book either :(

Talos
20-09-2008, 22:12
Remeber he is also able to make a kind of sonic attack with his scream. So a doom siren would be good, only problem he would have to be a noise marine champ to get one in the codex.

Ascendant Conscience
21-09-2008, 00:53
Remeber he is also able to make a kind of sonic attack with his scream. So a doom siren would be good, only problem he would have to be a noise marine champ to get one in the codex.

This is supposed to be a pre-heresy Eidolon, so I am using the Space Marine codex for him. Thanks for the input though :)

ironcurtin117
21-09-2008, 01:28
From what I've read he's also quite vain about his appearance/ maintaining his status/ being pretty. I'd go for a big ol' eagle/ medusa head on the chest, wings on each pauldron, longish hair and a really nice scabbard. I'd look at Lucius and base my stuff off him.

Takitron
21-09-2008, 02:21
Alright! I get to post one of my most favorite books ever!

Bell of Lost Souls Warhammer 30,000: Age of Heresy Codex (http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/2007/09/warhammer-30000-age-of-heresy-v2.html)!

one of my friends still has his EC army based on this codex, and he is currently updating it for 5th edition.

in this book, He is a 200 pt character, ws6 bs5 s4 t4 w3 i5 a3/4 ld10 2+sv

he has Bolt pistol, Thunder hammer, Adamantium Mantle, Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Fearless, IC, Rights of Battle, and two abilities. One might not work in 5th edition...

the other one lets him use his thunder hammer at I4 the turn he charges :)

ENJOY :)