PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt 'Friendly Horde' Skaven

zaza
19-09-2008, 04:20
Hi all, was looking for some c&c for my 'friendly horde' list. What kind of enemies am I likely to be weak against, and what needs swapping around (or out)?

Warlord
Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Warpstone Amulet
Bands of Power

Chieftain
Heavy Armour; Battle Standard
Banner of the Swarm

Warlock Engineer
Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades
Storm Daemon
Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer
Supercharged WP Accumulator; Upgraded Warp-Energy
Condenser; Warp Blades
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

22 Clanrats
Standard; Musician
Clawleader [+Warlord and BSB]

23 Clanrats
Standard; Musician
Clawleader [+Engineer]

23 Clanrats
Standard; Musician
Clawleader [+Engineer]

25 Clanrats
Standard; Musician

25 Clanrat Slaves
Musician

25 Clanrat Slaves
Musician

25 Clanrat Slaves
Musician

25 Clanrat Slaves
Musician

5 Night Runners
2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars

5 Night Runners
2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars

6 Poison Wind Globadiers

3 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team
2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons; Throwing Stars

3 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team
2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons; Throwing Stars

21 Plague Monks
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician
Banner of Burning Hatred

7 Plague Censer Bearers

Warp-lightning Warp Cannon

Models in Army: 250

Total Army Cost: 1999

Dux Ducis
21-09-2008, 08:59
You gotta drop a unit of slaves - you have one too many for the 'mainstay' rule.

Other than that, looks pretty fine. Not too many war machines or uber-death magic. Similar to what I'm building towards.

Shamfrit
21-09-2008, 12:12
A word to the wise in an otherwise acceptable and well structured list, do not place your Warlord and your Battle Standard in the same unit.

LD 10 might be a blessing in disguise, but Terror Bombing or an Unbreakable unit hammering into your General's force will disrupt your battle line something horrid. Place one in each unit of Championed Clanrats and keep them overlapping so they work with one another, but don't cost you the game if the unit breaks.

ZeroTwentythree
24-09-2008, 14:09
I prefer slightly larger clanrat units to soak up missile & magic casualties, but that's just me.

I also prefer slightly larger units of gutter runners. They can get bogged down in combat against artillery crew, etc. A few extra guys (5-6) can make a difference. It does mean you sink more points into them, but I've been pretty pleased with gutter runners. I think they do better in combat than standing around throwing just a few stars, though.

I generally agree with Shamfrit's comments regarding the BSB & General in the same unit. Keep in mind, though, that you can also leave units with skaven heroes.

Keep panic in mind when moving your night runners & globadiers around. I think 2 units of 3 globes is more flexible and can't cause panic if they happen to flee through other units.