PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel base size?

edward3h
19-09-2008, 12:54
Can anyone tell me what size base the Sentinel comes with? I'm planning a 'counts as' conversion of some old models I have, and it would probably help if I use the same size base.

Whitehorn
19-09-2008, 12:57
The largest, 60mm, dread base.

corvin
19-09-2008, 13:05
Not exactly.

Sentinals come on the large flat bases. I believe they are called titan bases, as they were originally for Epic Titans as seen here:

http://ca.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.ca?do=Individual&code=99110307002&orignav=9

A sentinal base will fit inside the surface area of a dreadnought/MC base.

C_Noisy
19-09-2008, 15:12
My old catachan sentinels have the smaller flat base.The Cadians have the bigger same as the heavy weapons.

Culven
19-09-2008, 17:36
Sentinels are typically supplied with the 60mm base (at least now they are). The older model sets used the "titan base", but they are essentially the same size. If anyone has an issue with the "titan" and 60mm bases being slightly different sizes, then they may need to consider just how precisely they measure movement and range. The difference in diameter and height is negligable.

Lord Cook
19-09-2008, 18:04
Not exactly.
Sentinals come on the large flat bases. I believe they are called titan bases...

The two bases are, for all intents and purposes, the same. The surface area of the top is the same, the only difference is in the height, and because the new bases have sloping sides, that makes them fractionally wider at 'ground' level than at the top surface of the base.

HiveFleetEzekial
19-09-2008, 20:11
The 'titan' bases are, actually, slightly smaller. By a scant mm around the edges, if you want to get technical. (though my Wraithlord base is closer in diameter... maybe it shrunk some)

But either should work just fine.