PDA

View Full Version : Shadow warrior Help

Mabbz101
19-09-2008, 15:15
ive never been a big fan of shadow warriors but im using them tomorow. would like to know how you guys use them?

Kloud13
19-09-2008, 15:18
They are quite decent at Hunting, or Protecting Warmachines.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
19-09-2008, 15:31
take out warmachines/wizards and march block. Do not charge rank and file units unless you are going in to kill a mage and fall back/get squished when youre pursued. They are good at what they do.

Lord Dan
19-09-2008, 17:32
Don't feel so pressed to do something drastic with them on turn 2. Harass, do that occassional charge when you know you can win, and otherwise lurk. Trust me, you'll be happy you have them when turn 5 rolls around.

theunwantedbeing
19-09-2008, 18:14
Generally you use them cautiously, they're expensive and easily killed.

Getting them to do something offensive on turn 2 is generally difficult.
They rarely last beyond turn 2 doing that.
Early on they're more march blockers and threatening lighter troops in their immediate surroundings, rather than actually killing anything.

Kahadras
19-09-2008, 18:28
My mate tends to use them as a harassing unit. He usualy hides them in terrain on a flank and peppers vulnerable units with bow fire. He'll use them in conjunction with a fast moving dangerous unit like Dragon Princes to draw attention away from them. It works pretty well as usualy I have to concentrate on preventing the Dragon Princes from making a mess of my flank while the Shadow warriors sit back, ping away and usualy end the game without having taken any casualties.

Kahadras

Gazak Blacktoof
19-09-2008, 21:59
As everybody else has noted they're best used as an harassment unit. Keep them out of trouble, use them to march block or hunt war machines and occasionally fire their bows.

They work well fighting other skirmishers or archers; their combination of always strikes first, weapon skill 5 and hatred makes them good at taking out lightly armoured foes.

sulla
20-09-2008, 21:56
I prefer them as a bodyguard unit for my best mage in the battle line, rather than scouting. They give him 360 LoS, more manouverability than any other infantry unit and with s&s, hatred and strikes first, they usually do ok vs anything fast enough to get into charge range of my mage. For harassment, I'd rather use reavers or even eagles.