PDA

View Full Version : Hail to the King

Nonalyth
20-09-2008, 12:29
So now we've all had a chance to see the new marine codex, and bask in its glorious cheese. After looking through the hojillion special characters they threw in there, it's good to see that none, not even Calgar, can truly match the Despoiler.

So here's to Abaddon, who is, and always will be, the most badass dude in the galaxy.

Lord Cook
20-09-2008, 12:51
So here's to Abaddon, who is, and always will be, the most badass dude in the galaxy.

...except for Yarrick of course ;).

The Guy
20-09-2008, 12:57
And Zogwort...
Abaddon won't be so tough when he's been turned into a squig!

ehlijen
20-09-2008, 13:11
Yes, here's to abbadon-'I want to be Darth Vader when I grow up'-the despoiler! (Read his BFG rules if you don't believe me :p)

Eventually the walking loo of judgment will get him though :p

ChrisAsmadi
20-09-2008, 13:31

Except Eisenhorn.

hemogoblin
20-09-2008, 13:36
dont forget kharn the betrayer. he's badass too

Koryphaus
20-09-2008, 13:46
Possibly not to the same extent. Though you could say all followers of slaanesh are bad-ass as well. Or was it that they're bad-for-your...?

catbarf
20-09-2008, 13:56
I'm gonna say the Tyranids, since as one entity they could turn Abaddon into a wailing little girl in a 'one'-on-one fight.

ernest101
20-09-2008, 15:09
geez guys, i am the baddest ass here hehehe...

Nonalyth
20-09-2008, 15:14
You all fail. Abaddon is the god damn pinnacle of badasserry.

Baneboss
20-09-2008, 15:16
Most badass? Scheaffer ofcourse! Who else smokes a cigar?

sukigod
20-09-2008, 15:28
OK, Gazzy takes them all, ya know. The most brutal. the most cunning, and da meanest around.

My particular Gazghkull model has gone toe-toe before with Abbadon before and won.

Although Caiphus is bad-ass through sheer luck!

Bunnahabhain
20-09-2008, 15:42
More than 3 replies, and nobody has mentioned Chuck Norris. Something, somewhere is wrong....

It has to be Yarrick. Not some genetically engineered super-soldier, with or without the blessing of the forces of chaos, not an overgrown greenskinned killing machine, or any ancient, infinitely wise eldar farseer.

Just an old man who did what needed to be done, and lead a world in defeating a Waaarrrggh. Twice.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
20-09-2008, 16:08
So now we've all had a chance to see the new marine codex, and bask in its glorious cheese. After looking through the hojillion special characters they threw in there, it's good to see that none, not even Calgar, can truly match the Despoiler.

lucius attacks abaddon and gets killed for it, one dead abaddon :)

DrDoom
20-09-2008, 16:17
I'll vote for Abaddon being the most bad ass. Although me thinks its time for a new model. The current one is ten years old? Older? He's not even any biger than the regular terminators and he used to be huge.

RexTalon
20-09-2008, 16:23
Most badass? Scheaffer ofcourse! Who else smokes a cigar?

Lord Castellan Ursarkar Creed

And I second the Yarrick vote. Old man strength FTW!

Colonel Stagler
20-09-2008, 16:36
It is possible that Abbaddon can be beaten even by gazhgull somtimes, its all in the dice, hes still got the best stats an wargear in 40k, but he can be brought low, my krieg marshall has brought him low on one occasion after some particularly miraculous invulnerable saves on my behalf.
Stagler Out

DarkstarSabre
20-09-2008, 17:31
To be honest there is one person that can go toe to toe with Abaddon with ease.

Mephiston.

Seriously.

Grimtuff
20-09-2008, 18:46

Mephiston.

Seriously.

His complete and utter lack of Invulnerable save begs to differ. ;)

LiMunPai
20-09-2008, 18:53
Abaddon is an extreme badass, but in my shop he's really a joke as well. We have one player that uses him on occasion. The first time he used him, though, all but one of his wounds was taken away by lasguns. The other one was taken away in assault by guardsmen.

Imperialis_Dominatus
20-09-2008, 19:13
You all fail. Abaddon is the god damn pinnacle of badasserry.

You're right. Abaddon did what no other Chaos Lord could do. He united the Traitor Legions...

Then he went 0-12-1 against Imperial Guard.

Mephiston.

Seriously.

Hell yes.

Yarrick can join in the Abby-ass-kicking too.

Radium
20-09-2008, 19:19
Yeah, sure Abaddon....
He couldn't even win against Eldrad (they fought eachother to a standstill). Abaddon doesn't deserve the title of "king".

Ultimate badass of 40k?
In game terms: probably Yriel.
In fluff: Phoenix Lords. All of them.

Overt_Spy
20-09-2008, 19:30
LOL! I think random obscure guardsmen #11099523 is teh most badass!

Seriously though, the Chaos Gods, the C'tan, or those Enslaver metroid thingies. They would and could wipe the floor with, well anyone.

...except Solid Snake.

colmarekblack
20-09-2008, 20:25
LOL! I think random obscure guardsmen #11099523 is teh most badass!

Seriously though, the Chaos Gods, the C'tan, or those Enslaver metroid thingies. They would and could wipe the floor with, well anyone.

...except Solid Snake.

and Chuck Norris :D

Radium
20-09-2008, 20:27
But we all know Chuck is the Big E's dad... And of course good ol' Chuck is too busy counting to infinity for the infinitiest (spelling wtf?) time.

FashaTheDog
20-09-2008, 20:45
Bunnahabhain, we choose not to immediately play the Chuck Norris card immediately around here as we first like to build up the pile of corspes, er contenders. It's more dramatic like in the song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny only without that silly part about Chuck Norris losing to Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight, and Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie, and Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, and Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan.

maelstrom66669
20-09-2008, 21:09
Bunnahabhain, we choose not to immediately play the Chuck Norris card immediately around here as we first like to build up the pile of corspes, er contenders. It's more dramatic like in the song Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny only without that silly part about Chuck Norris losing to Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight, and Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie, and Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, and Darth Vader, Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan.

The terminator obviously wins in GW's eyes, why do you think the based a whole army on em(guess which one).

FashaTheDog
20-09-2008, 21:12
Perhaps GW was rooting for the Terminator but we all know who the song said won:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267

maelstrom66669
20-09-2008, 21:18
Just checked it out, that was hilarious. XD

perrin23860
20-09-2008, 21:45
that was very funny. worth a good laugh.

The Guy
20-09-2008, 23:45
Just don't watch the ultimate orgy of ultimate destiny...

Pfft, an alien would wipe the floor with a terminator. That's why they get entire hive fleets :D

Also, I'm pretty sure an ork wartrukk could quite easily mow abaddon down.

victorpofa
21-09-2008, 01:36
lucius attacks abaddon and gets killed for it, one dead abaddon :)

Abby would not feel triumph after killing Lucius. More like disgust at having to clean Horus' Talon because he has a vague idea where Lucius has been. ;)

While not the most badass overall, Typhus looks badass with that helmet and scythe.

ColonelWicked
21-09-2008, 02:20
For me, it's Maugan Ra.
He is THE long range firepower expert and still beats the crap out of any Trygon coming around to play.

Frgt/10
21-09-2008, 03:08
More than 3 replies, and nobody has mentioned Chuck Norris. Something, somewhere is wrong....

you mean telion right? :p

dead set ringer for chuck norris in the 41st millenium

FashaTheDog
21-09-2008, 05:34
Actually if you dig deep enough Chuck Norris is in the offical fluff. You see the Horus Hersy never happened. The Imperium tried to kill Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris, with a single round house kick mortally wounded the Emperor, killed several Primarchs, reduced the Astartes to the point where Legions were no longer viable, destroyed worlds, and killed trillions. And that was a gentle kick. Due to the mass panic the Imperium made up this whole Hersey nonsense and out of duty, some of the Primarchs played the villain and pretended there was a great civil war. The problem is that what was once a cover up has since become the truth and the "traitor Legions" have gotten a little carried away. The reason the rule book brings up the End Times is because Chuck Norris is getting bored and thinks annihilating the Imperium with a second gentle kick might be funny. Its all there, you just need to read between the lines and apply the Bible code to the 40k rule book to find it. So the poor wording in the rules is quite intentional to make the secert code work.

Bran Dawri
21-09-2008, 10:06
More 40K badasses:

Cypher.

Ulric the Slayer. Getting a salute from Khorne Berserks after beating the living snot out of them has to mean you're badass.

Also, Bjorn the Fellhanded.

Maggoth
21-09-2008, 10:23
all pussies! My hero could slaughter all of them with one drop, good old fashioned plague sword one touch with that and your done for! All hail maggoth! you could have 100 wounds and all it takes it one poke of a plague sword!

Disciple of Caliban
21-09-2008, 10:41
I'm not sure Lucius would get the job done. I think the Daemon sword consuming his essence may well stop him coming back, even if Abaddon starts doing his happy dance because he's so glad he beat him.

Also, its doubtful Abaddon would take any pride in killing Lucius, he regards himself as the greatest of the marines, and so there would be nothing to take pride in from killing a lesser man

Ddraiglais
21-09-2008, 10:45
As far as characters with stats, I'd take one of the daemons or DP. Angron, An'ggrath, Zarakynal, or Scabeiathrax would mop the floor with any other named characters. That includes Abby.

For characters without stats, the big E is probably the most badass. Of course the C'tan and Chaos gods aren't anything to laugh at. If there's any truth to some of the Old Ones being alive, they'd be pretty tough. The problem is that true gods could never have stats in 40K. I think the best we'll get is the named greater daemons, DPs, and maybe the real C'tan in Apocalypse.