PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2000 pts Heavy on the magic

Deus Mechanicus
20-09-2008, 12:17
As a new player in fantasy this is modelled as a starter army economics wise (the keen eyeed will notice it's basicly two battalions with some additions). But as only beeing familliar with 40k rules (the rulebook would come when i order the army so i need to know if i should change anything) i'd post it here for some opinions. Could this army work?

Vampire Lord 730 pts
- Zombie Dragon
- +1 Magic Level
- Flayed Hauberk
- Skull Staff
- Lord of the Dead
- Summon Ghouls
- Master of the Black Arts
- Dark Acolyte

Necromancer 170 pts
- Extra Spell
- Corpse Cart & Unholy Lodestone

Necromancer 185 pts
- Black Periapt
- Extra Spell
- Corpse Cart & Unholy Lodestone

10x Skeleton Warriors 110 pts
- Full Command
- Spears

10x Skeleton Warriors 110 pts
- Full Command
- Spears

10x Ghouls 80 pts

10x Ghouls 80 pts

20x Zombies 80 pts

20x Zombies 80 pts

Black Coach 200 pts

Varghulf 175 pts

2000 pts exactly

The zombie dragon is basicly there because i just love the model and would like to include it somehow. Is the zombie dragon a good choice for a spellcaster?

Otherwise since im still not quite into the fantasy rules im unsure yet how this army would play. My basic plan is the have the vamp lord does his own thing. The Coach goes looking for enemy spellcasters and the Varg disrupts and harrass.

The main bulk of the army would be the advancing skeletons, ghouls and zombies with NecroCarts just behind them to raise and give ASF.

And i guess during the game alot of new skeletons, ghouls and zombies would be risen to make up for the lacking number of bodies.

OK opinions? Suggestions please? Watcha think?