PDA

View Full Version : DE questions

Zachary
20-09-2008, 16:30
Would a cavalry list with 20 cold ones and 20 riders be enough to break 120 goblins(in seperate units).
Is a khainite list competitive when combined with a cavalry list(say 10 CoK and 10 DR and khainite for the rest)

vinny t
20-09-2008, 19:19
I have used 2 five man COK units to great effect with a cauldron of blood, 10 S6 Attacks with hatred FTW! They are also only 135 pts.

sulla
20-09-2008, 21:53
Not if they have to go through half a dozen fanatics first...

Lord Dan
20-09-2008, 22:05
Mathematically speaking, 120 goblins is not equal to 20 cold ones and 20 riders. What else does he take?

Mannfred
21-09-2008, 11:45
Honestly if u going against 120 gobos...u should just crossbows or if not a 25 block of black guards with the asf banner with a character and kouran and just like let him charge u with wateva he wants if there just gobos...

Nomad
21-09-2008, 16:33
Honestly if u going against 120 gobos...u should just crossbows or if not a 25 block of black guards with the asf banner with a character and kouran and just like let him charge u with wateva he wants if there just gobos...

First, units of Black Guard are capped at 20. Second, 20 Black Guard with Kouran and the ASF banner is more expensive than 120 Goblins even without that character you wanted to include.

Anyway, Cold one Knights should be pretty effective against Goblin units if you can flank them. Cancelling rank bonus with a fear-causing unit of heavy cavalry would be quite effective against most things, but against low-leadership units like Goblins it should be deadly. Just hope that they don't have fanatics.

PARTYCHICORITA
21-09-2008, 18:56
5 Cok can do a lot of damage to anything with +1A from the cauldron
As for the Khainaite units they are ok but only with character support which is tricky since only assasins and hags can join them.

As for the goblins, fanatics are a pain but nothing harpies can't take care of.

sulla
21-09-2008, 23:14
As for the goblins, fanatics are a pain but nothing harpies can't take care of.

Hmmm. Well, they can certainly pull fanatics out of their unit. Do you consider this 'taking care' of them? Even a random spinning fanatic is still a major threat to units of COK and DR; especially since they need to get into combat to start earning their pay.

Zachary
24-09-2008, 00:08
I have another question. I am in the middle of a 4k verse 2k siege. My opponent(Gobbos) Has grom(whom i hate). If i kill grom will the fear be reactivated?

PARTYCHICORITA
24-09-2008, 13:35
Hmmm. Well, they can certainly pull fanatics out of their unit. Do you consider this 'taking care' of them? Even a random spinning fanatic is still a major threat to units of COK and DR; especially since they need to get into combat to start earning their pay.

Once they are out it's rather easy to:
1) Shoot them down
2) Step on them with any remaining harpies
3) Ignore them if they are on the way of the orcs advence and you have more shooting/magic/flanking than they do.

Valaraukar
24-09-2008, 13:43
I have another question. I am in the middle of a 4k verse 2k siege. My opponent(Gobbos) Has grom(whom i hate). If i kill grom will the fear be reactivated?

It does not specifically state whilst alive as many other such rules do, however it is a rule which he confers and it states that if he is your general then goblins in your army don't fear elves but once dead is he still the general?