PDA

View Full Version : Scroll caddy in Tzeentch army?

arxhon
25-04-2005, 02:27
What's the consensus on scroll caddies in Tzeentch armies? You're already dominating with power dice, and you've probably got the Staff of Change as well. Do you need a scroll caddy? They're pretty damn expensive (running at about 200 points or so with scrolls on).

I can see the need for a second Champion of Tzeentch on the field (they're badass) but i think a second one might be better geared to stomping things into the dirt.

Or would an undivided sorceror be a good idea? This gives you some flexibility in spell lists (and the Lore of Change is no great shakes), and they're about 135 points instead of ~200. Not so tough in hand to hand though.

Would 6 dispel dice with some fancy rerolling tricks be effective?

Tzeentch armies tend to be pretty small, since you're usually sinking 20% or more of your points into a single character, and more than one character can be pricey (unless they're Undivided).

taer
25-04-2005, 07:16
Um, Brayshamen scroll caddie? 115 points I beleive, and 2 attacks at that.

sulla
25-04-2005, 07:48
Um, Brayshamen scroll caddie? 115 points I beleive, and 2 attacks at that.

And he's gonna hide in the woods all game anyway...

Selsaral
25-04-2005, 17:42
Yeah I often find that the Staff of Change is so berserkly good defensively that I don't need many dispel scrolls. This of course depends on how magic-strong your army is in general, and who you are fighting against.

Also I'd recommend a slannesh caster over an undivided caster any day. Slannesh spells are ridiculously effective.

Sariel
26-04-2005, 19:25
What's the consensus on scroll caddies in Tzeentch armies? You're already dominating with power dice, and you've probably got the Staff of Change as well. Do you need a scroll caddy? They're pretty damn expensive (running at about 200 points or so with scrolls on).

Or would an undivided sorceror be a good idea? This gives you some flexibility in spell lists (and the Lore of Change is no great shakes), and they're about 135 points instead of ~200. Not so tough in hand to hand though.

Would 6 dispel dice with some fancy rerolling tricks be effective?

I would'nt necessarily take a scroll caddy in a Tzeentch army, but I would certainly squeeze in a dispel scroll or two.

And its not as if you really need to gear up an Exalted Champion to stomp things into the dirt. Stick him on a barded Chaos Steed, give him a great weapon and dispel scroll or two, and he's ready to go. Or just get a sorceror and give him a chariot to ride in.

Same thing for the Bray Shaman - except I'd almost always buy a small beast herd to keep him company, which takes up a special choice. Thing is, there are just too many spells out there that can stomp him, and a scroll caddy is supposed to use his scrolls to protect the REST of the army, not protect himself. (And once you get the herd, he's also going to come in at 200+ points.....)

Thing is, having whole fistfuls of power and dispel dice is all well and good, but every once in a while, you are going to run into a spell with a power level of 15+ that you absolutely HAVE to dispel, and that's where dispel scrolls come in very handy.