PDA

View Full Version : My Idea on CSM and SM Codex

antin3
21-09-2008, 19:53
I just started CSM and like the codex, I realize there are many that don't and I don't want to turn this into a "I hate the current codex because..." thread. I just had an idea after I finished it and thought I'd throw it out here to see what others thought.
With the popularity of marines I think GW should really jump on this even more. I know, marines get everything, what I mean is this. I like the current CSM codex and I am sure there are a few others who do also. I have heard it referred to as Codex: Renegades and that is fine with me.
I like the idea of renegades, recently turned marines who maybe haven't totally succumbed to chaos. Marines who have left the Emporer's light for myriad different reasons.
GW should make Codex: legions and leave the current codex alone. But more than this create the fluff and characters to go along with it. I realize that they have began to do this with Huron but I think they could carry it further. So many people play marines now, give them plenty of options. My only gripe would be that maybe renegades could get some of the more modern equipment but I'm happy with what they have now. I remember back in the day playing Battletech and everyone played mechs but we had the inner sphere and the clan mechs.
GW should expand the fluff and history to include more of these wayward marines, not mutated or demonic but just marines who have turned and now use chaos to varying degrees.
What do you think? Good, bad, just rehashing old topics?

Madfool2
21-09-2008, 19:55
Rehash mostly. It's also being done with the cults apparently.

wingedserpant
21-09-2008, 20:08
I would like a Codex:Space Marines that covered everything and what characters you take determine what can and can't take. Like a list made to a scale from codex chapters to the DA and Relictors near the middle and the chaos renegades and legions on the other side.

It makes sense as I can see the Iron Warriors being more 'codex' than the Black Templars. What the marines are fighting for shouldn't determine how you fight for it.

Dreachon
21-09-2008, 20:12
The IW are NOT more codex than the BT, perish that thought as the codex astartes wasn't written untill after the heresy.
The legions were very different than the small chapters they have now.