PDA

View Full Version : Need help with DE. Warriors or xbows on my list?

gorenut
21-09-2008, 20:25
Ok, here is my redone list which includes the Ogres. I realized most armies in my game group take minimal magic. haha.. looks like we all game-alike that we prefer combat. So I took things like the Ring of Hoeth out because it seemed too situational...

Dreadlord
-Armor of Eternal Ser., Pendent of Khaeleth, Potion of Strength
-Cold One, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance
-Goes into Black Guards

Death Hag
-Cauldron of Blood

Master
-Seal of Ghrond
-Cold One Chariot, Sea Dragon Cloak, Halberd, BSB

Assassin
-Rending Stars, Manbane, Addition HW
-Goes with Shades

10 Corsairs

10 Xbowmen

5 Dark Riders

14 Black Guards
-Banner of Hag Graef, Champ with Soulrender

12 Executioners

5 Cold One Knights

7 Shades
-Great Weapons

Hydra

3 Ironguts

Again.. I know a lot of you would cringe at the thought of taking DoW.. and Ogres on top of that.. but I think it would be a nice addition seeing how I now have a lot of high-threat heavy hitters.

Right now.. here are my considerations.. I might take out the master on chariot and replace him with a lvl 2 sorcerer (yes, sorcerer, I converted my army that way). I'm just wondering if just having 1 lvl 2 sorcerer is even worth having around for spell casting purposes and not just a scroll caddy.

The other think I'm contemplating is my core infantry... I suppose if I do take a sorcerer, having sacrificial warriors might be good... but I still think having xbows might be more beneficial. In the end though, whichever unit I choose is just there with the corsairs to soak up damage for the Black Guards. Which of these two do you guys think would be more beneficial for my army?

the_godfather
22-09-2008, 20:33
Dreadlord
-Goes into Black Guards

You can't put a mounted character in a unit of infantry.

Zerosoul
22-09-2008, 20:54
Dreadlord
You can't put a mounted character in a unit of infantry.

Uh, since when?

Jericho
22-09-2008, 21:09
Actually you can. You just can't join Skirmishers if you have a bigger base. Chariots, monsters, other single characters etc. can't be joined but infantry, cavalry and war machine crews are all fair game all the time.

You still benefit from "Look out sir" as well, as long as you don't have US5+.

The Cold One's stupidity does effect the entire unit though if you join them.

Valaraukar
22-09-2008, 21:26
How does it work with 'monstrous' units like ogres, minotaurs, trolls etc?

Jericho
22-09-2008, 21:49
They aren't Monsters so there's nothing stopping you from joining them. The term "Monster" here would mean stuff like Giants, Varghulfs, etc. You can't join them.

gorenut
22-09-2008, 22:14
Hah, can someone actually help me with my question? Sorry.. not trying to be rude or anything.

Entreri Bloodletter
23-09-2008, 14:06
I prefer to have repeater crossbows, but the cheap spearmen are also good. As for the rest of the list I would put your Dreadlord on foot and give him Soul Render, no need to give your blackguard stupidity. Also with the points saved give your tower master on the BG Crimson death. That way between those two models you have 7 Str 6 attacks that ASF.

badgeraddict
23-09-2008, 14:48
Dreadlord
-Goes into Black Guards

Why on earth would you want to put him on a Cold One for...let alone in a unit of black guard!

Stupidity will be failed despite the leadership. Put him somewhere else, or remove the Cold One.