PDA

View Full Version : help with 2000pts sigmarite army

polexenes
21-09-2008, 22:46
thank you to all those who gave me help in putting the list together here is what i thought of felding. For those who don't i just stoped playing daemons as their to waac for my liking. any help with the list or how to play it would be awsome thanks as this will be my first empire army

see reviewed list below
polexenes

Kalec
21-09-2008, 23:40
How, exactly, are you planning on winning?

Do you want to shoot the enemy up so that there is nothing left to threaten your combat blocks? Do you want a wave of cavalry to overwhelm the enemy before shooting and magic can take their toll? Do you want a horde of infantry that use detachments to knock off ranks and counter-charge?

Pick a game plan and take the units to make it work. You have bits and pieces of everything, but you don't have enough of anything to actually win the game.

Your characters need a lot of work, but deciding what sort of army you want comes first.

polexenes
22-09-2008, 15:56
i think that the shoot the enemy and then finish off what is left with combat blocks

polexenes

Kalec
22-09-2008, 22:52
i think that the shoot the enemy and then finish off what is left with combat blocks

A plan, at least.

Empire shooting leaves you with quite a few options. You have cannons, mortars, Hellblasters, Rockets, handgunners, crossbows, archers, outriders, and pistoliers available. Since you want to use infantry blocks to finish the enemy off, the more static shooting elements are probably better.

For infantry blocks: swordsmen, swordsmen, swordsmen. Everything else gets ripped apart and gives up too much CR to win combat. Greatswords are an option, but you are unlikely to have any special slots unused and they aren't much better then swordsmen anyway. A couple blocks of 25 swordsmen with a detachment of 9 swordsmen in a 3x3 block should do the trick. You can take shooting detachments if you want, either crossbows or handgunners depending on whether you like range or AP. Flagellants are another option, and many swear by them, though I would try the list without them first.

A couple vanilla knight units (5 or 6 strong including characters, no more), maybe a musician in each, will help the swordsmen by racking up wounds and being fast enough to run down most enemies.

Your special slots are the lifeblood of your army. A couple cannons are the bare minimum, though a third wouldn't hurt, with a mortar or unit of outriders to round off your list.

Now you need to fill out your supporting core and your characters. Units of 10 xbows or hand gunners are invaluable for screening your combat blocks and picking off targets you can't afford to shoot at with your cannons, while your characters are in charge of keeping your troops safe from psychology and magic. An arch lector on the war alter with van horstmanns speculum, sword of sigisimund, and armor of meteoric iron is an excellent unit flanker, able to butcher any combat characters he can challenge, and provides both good leadership and dispel dice. Your hero options are pretty open, as long as you don't take the master engineer.

Griptenstien
23-09-2008, 11:07
Can you give warrior priests dispel scrolls, thought they were wizards only?

polexenes
23-09-2008, 21:16
Arch lector
War alter
Two handed hammer
Heavy armour
Helm of the ratslayer

Total 260pts

Battle wizard
Level 2
Dispel scroll
Wizards staff

Total 135pts

Warrior priest
Extra hammer
Dawn armour

Total 128pts

Captain of the empire
Full plate armour
Battle standard bearer
Griffon standard

Total 138pts

Swords men X25
Full command
Detachment of 10 swordsmen
Detachment of 10 Handgunners

Total 315pts

Swordsmen X25
Full command
Detachment of 10 swordsme
Detachment of 10 Handgunners

Total 315pts

Crossbowmen X10
Full command

Total 100pts

Crossbowmen X10
Full command

Total 100pts

Cannon

Total 100pts

Cannon

Total 100pts

Mortar

Total 75pts

Mortar

Total 75pts

Flagellants X15

Total 150pts

is this a bit better as a list ?????? if how how would i use it ???

polexenes

Kalec
24-09-2008, 14:12
Not bad, actually.

What I would do, is drop command from the crossbowmen (you do not want them giving up a 100 VP standard), and use the points to buy a barded warhorse and a shield for your captain (yes, he can still join infantry blocks). The walking priest needs the armor of meteoric iron, badly, dawn armor just doesn't cut it if his save is going to be 6+ most of the time. Drop the helm of the ratslayer from the arch lector and give him van horstmanns speculum instead, unless you want to let uber combat lords run wild over your infantry. I would also recommend the ASF sword, but the speculum is a necessity.

You can also move your flaggies to core, since you have a warrior priest.

Mentat
24-09-2008, 16:03
I would consider getting a Rod of Power on your wizard. You will then have 6 base dispel dice and could store power dice for additional dispel dice or vica versa. I would store 2 dice at a time so you only lose them on a "1". That's 8 dispel dice. I have found this more useful than 1 or 2 dispel scrolls. You can go defensive and store power dice against a magic heavy army, or do the opposite when fighting dwarves. It's really nice for an "all-comers" type list.

Shmee
24-09-2008, 16:09
I dont think warrior priests can have dispel scrolls since they are not wizards. Anyway thats how i remember it from the empire FAQ.