PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight termie army

petesamd
22-09-2008, 03:10
hello,

Just now while looking at RABENSANG magnificent grey knight titan, a brilliant Idea dawned on me and had to share it with my fellow warseers! using the dark angles deathwing rules Ill make a count as grey knight termie army, how does this idea sound? Also would it make any sense with fluff? Hope fully ill start on this idea over the next few months, another question do deathwing army lists have access to dreadnoughts? Hope my idea is not completely foolish!

Yours,
Petesamd

starlight
22-09-2008, 03:28
I'm still torn as to whether or not this makes more sense than maxing out on TAGKs with two min PAGKs. The biggest issue will be reconciling the rules and models, since TAGKs aren't the same as Deathwing Terminators...

So far I only have about 20 TAGKs, but a full Deathwing and a handful of additional Terminators.

Short of Apocalypse, I'm still looking for answers... :)

Overt_Spy
22-09-2008, 04:14
hello,

Just now while looking at RABENSANG magnificent grey knight titan, a brilliant Idea dawned on me and had to share it with my fellow warseers! using the dark angles deathwing rules Ill make a count as grey knight termie army, how does this idea sound? Also would it make any sense with fluff? Hope fully ill start on this idea over the next few months, another question do deathwing army lists have access to dreadnoughts? Hope my idea is not completely foolish!

Yours,
Petesamd
Sounds like a cool idea, if you make sure you adhere to the DA rules, which means the GK's aren't going to get their spiffy rules.

It makes sense fluff-wise, since 100 GK terminators took on 12 Bloodthirster's and Angron, and were victorious. It's a rare instance, but I think an all termie force of GK's is within the realms of acceptable fluff.

From a fluff perspective, I believe that venerable dreadnoughts are considered to be part of the first company (well the venerable dread in the DA book is painted like the Deathwing.) From rules perspective, you just need to take "Belial" to allow you to field the termies as troops, but to my knowledge it doesn't restrict any of the other choices in the codex...

petesamd
22-09-2008, 19:28
Ok thanks for the help! thanks for the info on belial, yet a again I'd probably get captian stern (with a little converting) as my count as belial. Thanks again!

petesamd

Khornies & milk
22-09-2008, 21:37
When I was first thinking of a GKT heavy list (back in '05) the majority of the responses I received suggested that fluffwise IST Squads fitted such a list more than PAGK did, so 2 Squads of IST's as your TROOP choice.
I have 32 GKT's so my 'Knightwing' looks like this....

GM & 7 Retinue
Stern & 7 Retinue

2 x 8 GKT Squads

2 x 10 IST Squads

3 Hellfire Dreads

usual upgrades, wargear, etc = 2500 pts. If taking 3 Raiders instead of Dreads = 3000 pts

Terribly outnumbered and best used in Apoc with Allies and making use of the GKT's c/c abilities, so the Allies have the heavy weaponry to deal with Anti-tank.

my take anyway.