PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy, Doom of the Eldar, Where to find?

enigma-96
23-09-2008, 00:15
So as the title suggests I was wondering if any one could point me in the direction of a good quality scan/copy of the Horus Heresy and Doom of the Eldar just like what was done with Battle for armaggedon. I love the rules and idea behind BFA and its chaotic expansion but I would love to also play its two cousins. I have seen them on ebay a couple times but with the final bid and shipping costs bringing it to over $100 it was kind of a waste too buy but since BFA was released as a pdf surely there must be of the other two/ is okay to release since they are LONG oop.

Patriarch
23-09-2008, 12:16
Until GW officially release PDFs, you're stuck with buying expensive second hand copies I'm afraid.

There's no legit way of getting hold of them otherwise, and Warseer only "does" legit.

BigRob
11-10-2008, 07:37
I've seen them on eBay for much much less than that on buy it nows and auctions. keep looking on there and you'll get there in the end. I just picked up a huge load of around 60 Havok miniatures plus 6 vehicles, NIB for about 50.

eBay still has some bargains!

Patriarch
19-10-2008, 10:03
Update:

Doom of the Eldar (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-40000-Doom-Of-The-Eldar-Board-Game_W0QQitemZ380071945919QQihZ025QQcategoryZ56364 QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem) for a pretty good buy it now price.

Urp, still gonna cost if you're buying from the states. I suppose its a rarity thing, GW wasn't that big over there when this was in production.

sigur
08-02-2009, 16:02
Doesn't have the spanish GW site the rules for downloadable .pdfs? I remember seeing both on there about a year ago. I just hope they haven't updated the site yet.

Otherwise, ebay. My local indie retailer had copies of the games a few years ago so maybe if you have a dedicated indie store who have a big cellar with old stuff, maybe you could ask them but prepare to pay a reasonable price (by collector's standards so I would expect no less than 50).

toonboy78
22-07-2009, 14:58
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Doom-of-the-Eldar-Wargame-Series-Games-Workshop_W0QQitemZ250452264173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item3a501e44ed&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294 %3A50

50, but free p+p!

The Clairvoyant
20-08-2009, 12:09
i have both of these games and of the two, horus heresy is the better game.
Its also a very strategic and quite tiring game. Tiring in the sense of when the game is over, you feel incredibly knackered having had to hold your breath for 5 turns. The imperials have it relatively easy - the game is very hard on the chaos player.

Oh and its worth your while getting some elastic bands or small coin bags for the counters as we used to spend at least an hour sorting out the counters before each game :D

Doom of the Eldar we used to play as a 'starter' before knuckling down to a game of HH. Easier game, less maths involved (only goes up to 3:1 instead of 7:1) and fewer counters to worry about!

Patriarch
20-08-2009, 19:59
i have both of these games and of the two, horus heresy is the better game.
Its also a very strategic and quite tiring game. Tiring in the sense of when the game is over, you feel incredibly knackered having had to hold your breath for 5 turns. The imperials have it relatively easy - the game is very hard on the chaos player.

Oh and its worth your while getting some elastic bands or small coin bags for the counters as we used to spend at least an hour sorting out the counters before each game :D

Doom of the Eldar we used to play as a 'starter' before knuckling down to a game of HH. Easier game, less maths involved (only goes up to 3:1 instead of 7:1) and fewer counters to worry about!

HH was my least favourite of the three. It has the background appeal, but the rules didn't hang together very well. All the Emperor needed to do was sit on the inner palace with his toughest men and wait until the "teleport attack" card turned up, then go and kill Horus. The Chaos player just had to hope a random orbital bombardment killed the Emperor. Either way, this made all the other battles in the game pointless.

I think DotE was the first game to introduce the Hive Tyrant (with no picture) so you had to imagine what it might look like.