PDA

View Full Version : 1250 pts of Chaos to battle the undead

Neknoh
11-11-2005, 13:15
Now, after a long break, I finally get to play, tomorrow, saturday is the day, 1250 pts of goodie goodie slaanesh against 1250 pts of Vampire Counts (can't remember if he plays BD or VC)

So... with what I've got, this is what I have come up with (don't own any other beasts than the shaggth yet, although, when christmas hollidays comes, I will have the time to buy and paint one)

Now, onto the list, I have a quite limited choice of troops (2 Fiends, 12 Wariors with Hallberds and Shields, 16 Marauders with Lightarmour and shields, 5 Knights, 5 Mounted Nettes and 12 normal Nettes, 1 Shaggoth with GW, 1 Sorceror, 1 Champion on foot and one on Steed of Slaanesh), so please, consider that before adding Changes.

Exalted Champion of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Blade of Blood, Enchanted Shield... 165 pts

16 Marauders of Chaos, Ligtarmour, Shields, Full Command... 137 pts

12 Wariors of Chaos, Hallberds, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Warbanner... 259 pts

12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh... 180

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, Lightarmour, Greatweapon... 306 pts

Now, I have 203 pts left to use, should I add a unit of Trolls? (I've got 3 of them as well, or... rather that can count as them, seeing as they are made in clay)

Or perhaps a Sorceror of Chaos?
A Beast Shaman?
My Mounted Daemonettes?
Or my Chaos Knights?

I need your help with this, I'll phone him later today and ask wether he plays Blood Dragons or Von Carsteins, since that will decide on what dispelling capacity I need... however, I REFUSE to bring a Scroll Caddy to the game.

Crube
11-11-2005, 13:19
I'd go for a Sorceror of chaos personally. i know you dont want a scroll caddy, but you will get extra dispell dice, and maybe take 1 scroll, with another magic item. (just thinking about stopping some of those raise dead thingumijigs...)

I dont have the books with me at the moment, so I dont know how that will work points wise, but...

Neknoh
11-11-2005, 13:26
Well... that is what I thought of, although, a tip for you, don't every worry about stopping the Summoning spells, use the stops for Vanhels, that is what needs to be stopped.

What I first was thinking about was to give my Exalted the Book of Seecrets and take a lvl 2 Sorceror of Slaanesh with a Power Familliar, then, I would have 5 Dispell Dice and 6 Power Dice to power 3 lovely Slaanesh Spells (if the Book of Seecrets simply turn him into a Sorceror of Slaanesh that is, otherwise, 2 Slaanesh and 1 Fire... mmm... sword of rhuin)

archysucks_Hail_Crom
13-11-2005, 06:37
I like the list as is and nice to see you here NEK.:cool:

Neknoh
13-11-2005, 10:39
Now, I got two games yesterday, the first one, against Tomb Kings (he used his Tk's instead of his VC, oh well, got thrashed, but, I put up a good fight and it was a joyful game), the second one against dwarfs, which we didn't get the time to finish, and I do not know who would have won that, here goes my two lists that were used...

The golden horde (against TK)

Durkon Silvertear: Exalted Champion of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Blade of Blood, Enchanted Shield... 165 pts

Lashaar the tempter: Sorceror of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Level 2, Spell Familliar... 155 pts

Nislir the fallen: Bray Shaman, Mark of Slaanesh, Level 2, Bray Staff, Chaos Armour... 146 pts

The raging snow: 16 Marauders of Chaos, Ligtarmour, Shields, Full Command... 137 pts

The silent storm: 12 Wariors of Chaos, Hallberds, Shields, Full Command, Mark of Slaanesh, Warbanner... 259 pts

The forebringers: 12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh... 180

The heralds: 5 Mounted Daemonettes of Slaanesh... 150

Shesirion, elder of the stormbringers: Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, Lightarmour, Greatweapon... 306 pts
1498 pts total

The painwrackers (against dwarfes)

Nordrell Shi’ahr, chosen of Slaanesh: Exalted Champion of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Greatfang, Shield... 172 pts

Oroki, he who silenced the heavens: Exalted Champion of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Hallberd, Shield, Gaze of the Gods, Pendant of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh... 216 pts

The silverhoofs of winters cold: 5 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command... 235 pts

The soulless ones: 12 Wariors of Chaos, Mark of Slaanesh, Hallberds, Shields, Full Command, Warbanner... 259 pts

Flesh of the Tormented One: 16 Marauders of Chaos, Lightarmour, Shields, Full Command... 137 pts

The touched ones: 12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh... 180 pts

Winds of frost: 6 Mounted Daemonettes of Slaanesh... 150 pts

Utrulni, bringer of shame: Spawn of Chaos, Fiend of Slaanesh... 75 pts

Urigisho, keeper of blame: Spawn of Chaos, Fiend of Slaanesh... 75
1479 pts total

Oh, and to all of you players out there who say the Organ Gun is useless, it gunned down the two fiends and half of the Marauders remaining after a big stone landed on their heads, they also fought off two Mounted Nettes who had survived a Stone Thrower.